12 Race Against Time...

Leorio's fingers tapped relentlessly on his computer. Night was beginning to fall, and Kurapika was still in a fitful sleep. The brunette had been searching up the circus accident and had miraculously found a lead on Alluka's whereabouts.

Someone had seen a spotting of the genie girl in the south side of the city. This would be difficult to go to, as the explosion from the day before in the city had shut off all tourists and residents from that area. On the other hand, more television crews were around, the terror of the dead circus people giving everyone chills in this festive time.

Kurapika stirred. Leorio leaned forward, closing his laptop and setting it on the night stand.

"Leorio?" The blonde asked as his puffy eyelids opened. They were transparent, only reflecting grief.

"Hey." Leorio rubbed his head. "How are you feeling?"

The kurta said nothing and just gazed back up at him with those sad eyes. Leorio understood.

"Listen, we can turn Killua back to life again."

Kurapika inhaled and propped his arm underneath his head. "How?"

"By Alluka! We have to find her again, and I'm sure she'll revive him, no requests asked."

Kurapika now sat up in bed. "Of course." He rasped. "How did that idea never cross my mind?" A slight smile tugged at the corners of his lips. They could save their baby.

"We have to go quickly. We don't have a lot of time."

"Why is that?"

"Hisoka is trying to keep Illumi at bay. If he finds out we have his dead brother-"

"Yes, I understand." Kurapika nodded. "Where is Alluka?"

"She's in the south side of the city," Leorio explained. "We can take a train that'll take us to the edge of the west side of the city, then we can jump into the south side, and find her."

"The south side of the city is vast. Have you narrowed it down by any chance?"

"There are a maze of allies in the underground market. It was an abandoned structure for the mall years ago. Now it serves as a network for gangs and stuff like that." The brunette sighed. "There are many hidden ways to get there above ground, and I heard many unwanted kids and orphans play around those openings. If we find them-"

"Then we might find Alluka!" Kurapika leapt from bed, newfound energy bursting through him. Grabbing his clothes, he headed for the bathroom to change, only to be stopped be a firm grip on his arm.

Leorio gazed down at him, expression serious. "Kurapika," He bent closer. "Can we talk about something on the train ride?"

The blonde's gaze flicked from both of the brunette's eyes. "Yes." He said slowly. Leorio let go of his arm and nodded.

The kurta walked off to the bathroom and got dressed, memories of this morning making his chest hurt. When he came out, he saw Leorio standing before him with a determined Gon in his arms, and a delicately wrapped Killua in the other. Seeing Killua made the blonde nearly double over with grief, but he collected himself. "Let's go."

XXX

The subway's lights had stopped working from the explosion, so people sat in hushed whispers, for the night was still young, and tourists were getting ready to party. Leorio and Kurapika sat near the fringe of the back of the subway cart, taking up the forward facing seats. Gon was currently meditating over Killua's corpse, what he was thinking nobody could guess.

In the darkened subway cart Leorio turned to Kurapika who had been gazing out at the lights of the city. "Kurapika." The blonde turned to him. "When you were asleep I noticed that your body doesn't look so good." He looked down as the blonde averted his gaze. "I just want you to know that I care about you a lot, and I'm really worried about your health lately." He took the blonde's shoulders. "Please, Kurapika," his eyes searched deep into the kurta's eyes. "Please let me in. Please tell me what's wrong." He whispered.