31 Family

IT HAS BEEN WAY TOO LONG HELLO BEAUTIFUL SOULS I'M BACK AND I WILL DO MY BEST TO WRAP IT UP PLS ENJOY
—————————————————————————

A couple weeks had passed. Leorio fondly peered over his shoulder from his cooking to sneak a peek at Kurapika who was seated at the table, going through nen tactics with the babies. He hummed to himself before turning back around. The time since the party had been like a literal euphoria dream. Kurapika was his, and he got to keep him all to himself. All those weeks and months of yearning for the blonde no matter the time of day was all granted now to the happy brunette. And the best part was was that it wasn't just being physically close. Their friendship had stood the test of time long before any intimate physical touch was given, and this fulfilled both parties immensely. It wasn't like other relationships of other people who thirsted for each other's bodies before they even established a friendship relationship with each other. This was more grounded, especially with young children in the mix, making a more mature couple as a whole.

As wonderful and happy the two parents were, this didn't erase the damage from the past. Sometimes, Leorio realized Kurapika didn't want to be touched some days, as the blonde would isolate himself in his own room, to do things Leorio didn't know of. It pained him to see Kurapika do this, and as much as he wanted to help, he respected the need to be left alone, knowing Kurapika would come back when he was ready. However, being the caring individual that he was, assisting others with their own problems he was still ignoring his own needs and wants. After all, he had the hardest time confronting and dealing with his own feelings and thoughts.

It happened while Kurapika was out with Gon and Killua one hot, sticky, day. He had taken the kids out on a walk with Killua's chick, whom Gon had called "Kaito" in a persistent way. Leorio was busy cleaning up his room and house. Having kids made the house grow messy quite fast, and the brunette internally screamed when he stepped on a lego that was underfoot.

He wanted to make the house as nice as possible before they came back, hoping to please the tired blonde. While he cleaned, his mind naturally began to think, his train of thought settling on the familiar deep grooves of troubling thoughts. Without intervention in the past months to help his trauma and experiences, Leorio was slowly devolving into a lesser version of himself on the inside, like a sad little fire that was eating him from the inside out. He wasn't good enough, he wasn't strong enough, he was too emotional, he was too tall, too skinny.... Such things repeated in his mind to no avail, where Leorio eventually stopped his cleaning to cry in a corner. Why couldn't those voices just stop for once? And yet he felt it was deserving for a person like himself who really was helpless when emergencies came.

His sadness weighed heavily on him physically, leaving him with a crushing chest pain in the morning that would carry throughout the day. He just felt so empty, yet only somewhat relieved of those feelings when Kurapika was around. And even then, his blonde couldn't fix these problems he had deep within.

Leorio sighed and stood up, swiping away his tears as he continued to clean. The urge to cry would come over him at random times in the day, and he would excuse himself to deal with the crushing feelings. Lately they were becoming more frequent and, violent, but Leorio chose to deal with this on his own. Never had the thought of seeing a counselor crossed his mind, even though it was becoming apparent he desperately needed one.

Kurapika was in the same boat, and he had been doing research to find one in the small town. He lucked out by getting a recommendation from Dr. Asui and was able to find a kind lady who he began seeing regularly in the last two weeks since the party, telling her all the things that hurt him. It was difficult for him, and he usually exited the small building with a tear stained face and some crumpled tissues in hand. He'd walk off his frazzled mind to the park, nature itself calming him.