19 Illumi's Understanding

Warning: death
A/N: I know last chapter was dark but this is much lighter so don't worry! Picture is cute btw

____________________________________

The serendipity of children is amazing, as they seem to be safe in the strangest of situations, or miraculously survive disasters.

Gon and Killua were no different.

The babies had managed their way down a staircase and found little Alluka huddled in the corner, stuck in the echo filled place after the power shut down. Karen had pushed her in and only Killua's electrical spark opened the red door up again.

"Brother!" Her face lit up in the darkened stairway. She bent down to pick him up along with Gon. "Why are you two alone?" She questioned, knowing Leorio and Kurapika watched over them to the point of qualifying as parents.

Killua softly tugged at his sister's hair and pointed a small hand in the direction in which they'd come. Alluka followed his direction, trusting her brother's senses in the dark.

The girl had befriended Neon in the changing room when she bumped into her by accident. Instead of receiving a rebuke, she was welcomed, forcefully, into the arms of Neon Nostrade and Karen. They doted over her, admiring how pretty she was. Until Neon became jealous of her and had Karen put her in an abandoned stairwell with another hard looking man.

He loathed his job, and continued to rant about how much he needed a raise. Needless to say, after a few denied requests, he bloated up like a whale, and exploded somewhere along the stair steps.

Alluka could feel the silent anger of the two children in her arms, and quickened her pace to where Killua was directing her. Her feet padded across the now carpeted ground, passing some black wire cables that had erupted from the ceiling.

"Ah!" Killua pointed more firmly ahead, tightening his little grip on her shoulder.

Gon had been holding Killua's hand while they were carried, not wanting to be left again.

Alluka saw a faint light coming through a hole in the wall. Both babies began to babble more urgently. She hugged them close and stepped through the wall into a grand library.

Gon gave a high pitched scream, tumbling out of her arms and hopping forwards, looking back to make sure Alluka was following.

Bisky came running and picked up baby Gon before looking at the girl that could grant wishes.

"Your Killua's sibling?" She asked.

"Yes."

"Follow me," Bisky's eyes darkened. "Quickly."

They sped through massive wooden shelves to a more hidden area. Alluka could feel a cool breeze, as though a window was open. They steered away from the wind and into a secluded room where a boy stood guard at the entrance. Upon seeing them, he bowed slightly and let them in.

"Is this your sister, Killua?" The boy's strong yet soft voice asked.

Killua nodded.

Alluka and the boy made eye contact for a brief moment.

"Alluka, we need you!" Leorio's voice called.

Alluka smiled gently at the boy and ran inside.

The boy was smitten.

"Thank you, Master Kestrel, for letting us use this room for Kurapika." Bisky did a quick curtsy to the boy.

"I just wish to see if Alluka can do what you've said she can do." Kestrel followed Bisky to gaze at this girl, Alluka.