8 There She Is

Warning: death
________________________________________________________________________

Pulling the doctor back on his feet, Kurapika summoned his chains as they appeared and latched onto netting far above. Leorio let out a cry as he and the blonde ascended up in the air, flipping them both up and over to land in the netting. Gon squealed in delight.

Kurapika sighed as the four watched the mayhem below.

"What do we do now?" The brunette asked. His hands were getting clammy, he didn't like heights all that much.

"Find a way to get underneath the arena."

"But how? The elephants are right there!"

The blonde thought, gazing down at the sight. Leorio noticed his hair was tied back. It was a new look, and the doctor's heart fluttered. Killua growled, angrily gesturing and pointing down at the arena, wanting to get to his sister.

The kurta's head snapped up and his eyes narrowed. "We need to get into the rafters." He pointed upwards. "Then we can cut the net and stop the elephants."

"Even higher...?" Leorio gazed up. He was already so close to the top of the circus he could see the fabric pattern of the circus itself.

"Here." Kurapika summoned a chain around the doctor's waist and pulled it so the chain was tight. "You won't fall with this on you."

"T-thanks." He stuttered.

The blonde closed his eyes and leapt upwards, and Leorio copied. More chains appeared and brought up the kurta and doctor safely onto a ledge near the tight rope.

Gon turned his head to the tight rope. The magician was nowhere to be seen. However, when the baby looked down on the platform they were on, he saw a card. There was the number four on it.

"Leorio, do you have your knife?"

"Of course I do." He dug in his pocket, setting down his suitcase, and brought it out. He gave it to Kurapika.

The kurta took a deep breath and concentrated. Drawing back his hand, he flicked the knife forward with deadly speed and threw it. It's silver gleam shone as it cut the netting's ropes. The ropes snapped with loud twangs before the netting fell, its heavy cords making swishing noises in the air.

It fell on the elephants and the arena, sending up large clouds of dust. The crowd still ran amok as the elephants trumpeted in surprise and frustration. They tried getting it out from under the net and began to run towards the audience once more, before the netting tripped them. One fell violently into the bleachers, crushing the bleachers with the metal screeching under its weight. The other fell right on top of a crowd of people. Leorio covered the baby's eyes and averted his gaze.

Kurapika shook his head at the scene before tugging the brunette's sleeve. "Now." He pointed down to the cloud filled arena. "No one will see us get underneath the arena with the cover of the dust cloud."

Leorio inhaled sharply and firmly held Gon to his chest. "Alright." He furrowed his brown and nodded, determination on his face.

Killua yelled angrily. "Mama!"

Kurapika held him close to his chest and chains materialized, hooking them forward and downwards, straight to the arena. Leorio felt his stomach rise at the dreaded falling feeling. Right as they were about to hit the ground, the chains stopped their slack and the tightness of the chains holding them suspended in the air pushed the breath out of their chests.

The blonde made his chains disappear, and they both hit the ground running. Through the brown dust cloud, they were able to see a lip in the ground. The platform that led underground.