20 Escaping City Lockdown

My dudes, guess what? My little sister graduated! Now she's old and crusty like me 🥲✌🏼

But please enjoy the chapter!
_________________________________

Two weeks had passed. Leorio slurped up some ramen in his bowl, hunger driving him to burn his tongue. Cursing under his breath, he exhaled a puff of steam from his mouth.

Killua gazed at him and patted a book in front of him, a picture of a dragon with smoke coming out its nostrils.

"Phone-Phone!"

The brunette ruffled his hair through the baby's glowing white mane, genuine love in his gaze as he admired his baby in front of him. He heard Gon give an excited coo as he crawled forward on the carpet, opening and closing his mouth, like a little bird waiting to be fed.

Knowing the noodles were too hot, Leorio dug his free hand into a bag of dissolvable strawberry wafers and offered a pink sweet to his other child. Gon smiled widely, hardly containing himself at the treat he's getting. His small mouth closed down on the sweet and the brunette's fingers, drooling on him. Already prepared, Leorio wiped his fingers off on a small rag next to him.

"You're eating me out of house and home, you know that?" He told the raven haired child. Gon's clear eyes became vacant, showing he clearly didn't understand what the brunette meant.

Leorio flipped the channels on the tv, landing on a kid friendly show, he thought. Both babies turned to watch, forgetting their surroundings.

"The Avatar..." Leorio read the words off the screen. It was a cartoon, hopefully it was good.

Now that the babies were distracted and his noodles now finished, Leorio set aside the bowl and walked into the bedroom, where Kurapika sat, upright. Leorio became nervous. Would the blonde actually stay up this time, or fall back asleep?

Since the skyscraper incident, Leorio questioned how much Nanika had wiped his memory. Sometimes, it seemed as if Kurapika seemed lost. His eyes scanned the room landing on the tall brunette.

"Leorio."

The brunette grinned happily. That was the first time he spoke since then. His voice was raspy and guttural, but still him.

"Hi! Hey, hey, Kurapika!" Leorio could hardly contain his happiness and ran to his bedside. "How are you feeling?"

He watched his blonde friend smile gently at him, something the brunette didn't know he needed so badly from him. "I feel... better," He held his arm up, an IV coursing in his veins. The faint sound of happy babies reached his ears, and the sound brought back so many memories all at once for the blonde. He gasped and smiled softly. "They're still babies?"

Leorio nodded, watching his friend's face light up. Throwing aside blankets, Kurapika lunged forward before nearly falling on his feet, a sharp pain shooting through his lower half.

"Kurapika!" The brunette was there in an instant at his side, holding his hand as the blonde trembled. "Easy, easy. I'll bring them in here so you can see them, alright? You're still healing, so you need to take it easy."

"I'm f-fine, Leorio."

"No, you're not. Stop being so stubborn for once and heal." The brunette put a hand on the blonde's back and his other on in his shoulder.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!" Terror suddenly coursed in the kurta, something he didn't understand. Startled, Leorio flinched, bringing his hands to himself. For a long moment, they calmed their beating hearts, confusion in both their heads.