28 Official Adoption

I'm sorry I haven't posted a chapter in a while, but it doesn't mean I've forgotten the story! I hope you enjoy this chapter and get ready for more juicy ones in the future! :) pls be patient with me, I will only post quality chapters, I won't rush just to come out with subpar content, for you guys ^^
_________________________________

Leorio woke up with a start, excitement coursing through his nervous body. Today was adoption day. Since Leorio and Kurapika were both licensed hunters, they received special passes from the adoption agency to breeze through the background checks that would have taken months, maybe even a couple years to get through in just a few days thanks to the Hunter Association. All that was left was to take the kids before court to officially declare them as their children. They would become legal guardians, not parents in the the law's eyes, but in their family dynamic, parents.

The brunette decided to go for a quick jog, so his nerves would calm down some. With the morning sun and constant breeze, Leorio took of his shirt as he continued to run, enjoying the feeling of the beautiful morning as it gently woke him up for this life changing day. As he ran, he let his mind wander. Ever since their big fight with each other, Leorio's mental state had improved greatly due to Kurapika's reassurance and kindness towards him. The brunette never had someone who was still kind to him and tolerate him for such a long time before. He smiled to himself at the thought of the stoic blonde. It was true, he'd really do anything for him. If it was the world Kurapika wanted, Leorio would surely find a way to make it happen for him.

"Pika." He sighed as he ran, thinking about him pleasantly. Leorio remembered when he first met the kurta on the ship, reading his book and minding his business. At first glance Leorio thought he was a female, but was proved wrong when a nauseous passenger accidentally fell to the side of the blonde in his hammock, his fist diving straight into Kurapika's groin. The blonde groaned in pain and glared menacingly at Leorio, daring him to laugh.

But he still looked like a girl, hell, he sounded like one and his robes did no justice to indicate masculinity. Even as he grew and matured, he was constantly mistaken for a female. Leorio then remembered the sight of what Karen and Neon did to his friend, and he grit his teeth.

Kurapika didn't deserve that. He deserved someone who would love him without question and let him do as he pleased. Because no matter how unaffected Kurapika tried to appear, he was fragile inside, like a glass house. And that glass house of his was broken one too many times; by the Phantom Troupe, Neon, and Karen. Leorio just wanted to keep the blonde safe forever. Somewhere in the recesses of his mind that went unacknowledged was a train of thought he'd never confronted before or even allowed to occupy his mind, but was about to be shown in the light very soon, little did he know.

Leorio stopped, finally processing where his feet led him. The little corner library. Catching his breath, the brunette stepped inside to the quaint building. The morning light filtered through the old windows, landing on a short female librarian, old as a dinosaur. "Well hello, young man. Aren't you a sight for old eyes?" She rasped, bones creaking as she adjusted herself to face the tall man. "What brings you here today?"

"Oh, not much. I just happened to find my way here while jogging." Leorio put a hand behind his head sheepishly. The librarian smiled, a particular glint in her eye. "Did you come to get a book for your girl?" She watched as the man's face turn into confusion.

"Alluka...? No, no, she's not mine, she went to travel with a friend of hers." He explained to the woman.

"Oh, the little girl? Sweet little thing. I mean your girl." The librarian emphasized. "Kurapika."

"Eh?? Oh, Kurapika's not a girl! I know he looks like one, but he isn't. We're just friends." Leorio chuckled. The number of times he had to explain this was astronomical. He stopped laughing when he made eye contact with the old woman again. The way she looked at him was obvious she knew something he didn't. She leaned forward in her chair, a knowing smile across her wrinkled face. "Are you sure he's not a girl?" She asked again slowly.