eight

DAVINA'S POV:

It's been a couple of days after that shit.

I've been doing my daily doses of shopping with Eli, so now my wallet is empty.

I've been looking for jobs also.

I'm gonna need one considering the applications of colleges I'm gonna need to do soon.

I'm walking out of the house when I get a phone call from Matteo.

"What?"

"Wanna go hang out tonight?" He pipes up and I keep my laugh in from how he sounds like a middle schooler.

"And do what?"

"We can go see a band or movie?"

"What banned is even playing tonight?"

I hear a long pause on the phone, so I'm assuming he has no idea if there even is a banned tonight.

"You do know high school couples go to the movies right?"

"Yeah they also tend to make out in the back rows, but I don't give a fuck. I'm gonna pick you up in a little bit."

I roll my eyes and hang up the phone, before turning back into my house and going up to my room.

God, I feel like I'm 13 going with my besties to set me up with my crush.

But at least I can get in a comfy recliner and stuff my face with popcorn?

A half-hour later Matteo texts me and lets me know he's here so I grab my wallet and walk out.

"Hey gorgeous", he smirks and I raise a brow at him.

"What movies are in tonight?"

"There's a thriller movie called The Stepfather? He marries these women and ends up murdering their whole family."

I tilt my head to the side and squint my eyes. "Wow, that's so interesting." I sigh dramatically and Matteo quirks a smile.

~

"Come on we're gonna be late", Matteo says and we rush inside the theater with a shit ton of candy in one arm and popcorn in the other.

The room is pitch black and a couple of people sit near the top row.

What they don't know is the middle is the best, but I guess kids like to think they're cool in the back row.

We sit square in the middle and I lay my blanket over both of us before digging into my popcorn.

The previews are about to end when I realize my popcorn is almost empty.

God damn it why do I always do that?

"Did you just eat all the popcorn?" Matteo says and I turn my head with innocent eyes.

"Pff nope never", I dismiss him with my hand and open my candy.

He sends me a small glare, but I smile to myself and watch the movie.

"Davina", I hear someone whisper. "Davina get up."

I yawn and stretch my arms before opening up my eyes and seeing Matteo looking down on me.

The lights in the theater are on and I see people getting up and leaving.

I realize my head is snuggled in Matteo's side, so I quickly get up and brush it off.

"You snore", he says and I send him daggers before grabbing my blanket and leaving the theater.

"I have to pee", I say and hand him my things before stopping in the ladies' room.

When I come back out I see two blondes eying up Matteo and twirling their hair between their fingers.

Oh just wait babe.

I move towards him and snake my arms behind his neck, pressing up against him.

"What are you doing?" He smirks and places his hand on my lower back. His eyes move towards the blondes, but he barely gives them a second of his attention before turning back to me.

I smile sweetly before turning to look at them and cocking my eyebrow. "Can I help you or are you just gonna stare?"

They scurry away in embarrassment and I hear Matteo chuckle against my neck.

"Come on let's go", I say and pull away as nothing happened.

My body still tingles from his touch, but I push the thought away and walk next to him.

~

Matteo didn't ask me if I wanted to go to his apartment, so unfortunately we are.

I follow him through the lobby and into the living room.

There are barely any photos of his family. Not even decor laying around on the tables or wall.

"Do you not like to decorate or something?" I murmur and sit on the couch.

"I just moved in", he says and I shake my head.

"I'm gonna go shower. You can find some clothes in my dresser to wear tonight."

I stop for a second.

"I'm not staying over", I shake my head and lift myself off the couch.

"Well I'm certainly not driving you home, so yes you are."

"I'll Uber", I purse my lips back in response and fold my arms over my chest.

"Do that and I will make sure you don't even get in that car."

"This is kidnapping."

"Whatever", he shrugs and goes into the bedroom and I hear the shower turn on.

"FINE BUT I'M SLEEPING ON THE COUCH!" I yell back so he can hear me over the water.

"WHATEVER PRINCESS!"

I roll my eyes and stroll into his bedroom so I can grab a t-shirt.

I pick up a navy blue one and slip it over my shoulders.

Matteo strolls out when I'm laying on the couch turning on Netflix.

I'm practically half asleep when he goes into the kitchen and pulls water out of the fridge.

"Want one?"

"I'm good", I yawn and snuggle my head up against the pillow.

"Good night darling", he whispers and shuts all the lights off in the room.

Next thing I know I'm hearing screams and whimpers from his bedroom.