nine

MATTEO'S POV:

Her facial features were peaceful and the corner of her lips was pulled upward. Soft little purrs were flowing out of her lips and into the air. Her body crumpled up into a small ball as I sat next to her before moving back into my bedroom.

She made me angry. Like all I want to do is kill her with my bare hands or watch her eyes flow with tears while I tell her what I'm planning.

But at the same time, she makes me not want to do any of that. She makes me want to... well I'm not sure. I don't know what I'm thinking.

I shifted over on my side and slowly peeled my eyes shut.

I remember feeling my pulse quicken, and the blood beneath my flesh starting to boil.

Razor-sharp wires were wrapped around her legs and arms, as her blood began to seep out. Her face was wrecked in tears and her hair was knotted all around.

I watched from around the corner as she begged for mercy and bit down on the tape around her mouth.

I looked at her once more and she locked eyes with me. Her whole body stiffened as she softened her features and gave a small nod.

Then I saw a bullet pass through her skull and stop her breathing.

My mother's eyes are still burning into mine.

Davina's POV:

"Matteo!" I yelled and lifted my small hands to his shoulder. His body tossing and turning, completely drenched in sweat.

His eyes snapped open and locked onto mine. "What's going on?"

He shuddered under me and lifted his back from the bed, slowly sitting upright. My eyebrows furrowed as I watched his features slowly move to anger.

"You just had a nightmare", I quickly talk and feel his anger brush onto me.

What was his problem? Nightmares are common, weren't they?

"Get the fuck out", he demanded. He gazed over at the glass walls, looking out in the city. I felt my breathing hitch and my heart pull.

"What, why?"

"I said to leave", he gritted through his teeth. His jaw set tight and never moved an inch.

"Did I do something?"

"I don't understand-

"For fucks sake!" He yelled and grabbed my arm, yanking me onto the ground. "Get the fuck out!"

I felt a fear shiver down my spine as his eyes turned to coal.

Step it up, Davina.

I hurried to my feet and frantically grabbed my things in a sudden rage. The heat was practically steaming out of me and fogging the mirrors.

"I knew he was bipolar", I mumbled under my breath. A little too loud because Matteo grabbed my wrist and whipped me around.

"What did you just say?" He spat and lifted my hands above my figure, pressing them into the glass.

"I said", I breathed getting closer to his face. "You have fucking bipolar."

He gripped my chin and forced me to look into his cold, hearted eyes. "You don't know shit about me, whore."

"I know enough", I spat and pushed at his chest. He stumbled back and before he could grab me again I hurried out of the apartment.

"Get back here", I heard his roar down the hallway. I kept speeding up my pace and running down the stairs.

I knew this motherfucker was crazy.

As soon as I make it out of the building I feel a pair of hands push me into an empty alley between two stores.

Grey eyes bore into mine and looked like a snake-filled with venom, waiting to attack its prey. He held two hands on either side of my face and backed me against the cement wall.

"Get back inside the fucking apartment", he glared. His minty breath fanned my face. Matteo's knee was locking my legs down and holding them in place.

"Fuck", I come close to his ear and feel our rapid heartbeats. "No."

"I don't think you understand, Davina", he smirked and ran a finger over my cheekbone. "I want you to come inside." He whispered and slowly crept his lips to my ear, "And I always get what I want, baby."

God fucking damn it.

"You don't know me and I don't know you", I said and glared out into the road.

"But I know everything about you, Davina", he whispered and ran his fingers down to my collarbone.

I scoff and look at him, "like what hotshot?"

He bit his lips and came closer to me, his lips barely touching mine. "Davina Elizabeth Blackwell", he started and watched me carefully. "Grew up in New York, has social anxiety, has a love for coffee, always listens to Arctic Monkeys, likes showers over baths, can't stand when fries are soggy, and still to this day watches Nickelodeon."

"I told you, love", he smirked and watched as my mouth slightly opened in surprise. "I know everything about you."

At this point just run me over.

"I-I", I choked out and felt his hand fall under my shirt and place little pinches on my flesh.

I cleared my throat and pulled away. "Still", I say and look down as the cars fly by. "You have issues or something that need to be taken care of."

"Help me then", he sighed and leaned on the wall.

"Help you what?"

"Help me fix them", he breathed and shoved his hands in his pocket.

"And what if I don't?"

"Well, then I'll have to pester you without them resolved."

"Either way, chéri", he said and pulled out from the wall. "You're going to be mine."

"Yours", I said aloud but was more towards myself. "Fine but I want to know what the hell that was last night."

"You mean you completely swooning over me", he says with full sarcasm and I think about slapping him.

I choked on my spit and slowly inhaled the air. "No", I dragged out the word and rolled my eyes. "I mean the nightmare."

His face fell and he ran a veiny hand along his jawline. "Fine."

Well, that was easier than I was expecting.

I started to follow him into the apartment and couldn't help but think that this was our third fight since we met. Which was only a week ago, so how the hell was I still tangled around him. I wish I could explain it.

I do.

But there's this awful feeling in my stomach that makes me want to be around him. That makes me want to kiss him and get to know more about his life and him.

I knew I had only known him for a week.

So why do I fucking feel like this?