twenty-five

DAVINA'S POV:

In some idiotic decision I made, I find myself driving me and Matteo back to his damned apartment.

On the way there he told me about the work he does and how his father is the leader of this mafia gang thing.

And for some reason, I found myself slowly listening and finding some of it, cool.

As in my "lover" is in the fucking mafia and kills people and I find it cool.

Isn't that great?

After a while of listening to him talk, I turned the radio up and tapped my fingers against the steering wheel- making sure to pay attention to the way Matteo's hand creeps closer to my thigh.

"Are you still mad?" He asks and eventually I feel something grip my thigh and butterfly's erupt.

"Not as much", I sigh and press my head against the headrest and close my eyes when I make it to a red light.

~

Making our way inside the living room I took off my sneakers and fell on top of the couch, sinking into the soft cushions.

"You hungry?" Matteo says as he sits at the end and rests my feet on his lap. "I can order something."

"Please do", I mumble into the couch and softly moan when he rubs the soar parts of my feet.

I feel myself slowly slip into a deep sleep before Matteo's scent fills my nose and I feel his hot breath hitting my neck.

"I just want you to be comfortable love", he whispers and places a soft kiss on my forehead.

I feel his hands lift my shirt over my head and slowly make their way behind my back and unclipping my bra.

A huge sigh of relief seeps out of me and then I feel a cotton shirt being placed on me. His natural scent hits me stronger, which tells me it's one of his shirts that's pooling around my knees.

Only being in underwear and a shirt, a blanket is lifted over me and my neck and forehead are softly kissed.

Minutes or hours later the doorbell rings and Matteo makes his way out of the bedroom and opens the door.

Soft muffles are coming from the doorway as I get up and wipe my eyes.

I look through the glass walls and find the whole city lighten up and the sky dark.

My stomach rumbled in hunger when Matteo came back in holding food and only wearing sweatpants that fit loosely along his lower hips.

"I'm not sure which one I'm more excited to see", I say and glance between his sculpted body and the cheeseburgers.

"Do you even have to question that?" He smirks and sits down next to me.

I grab the blanket and pull it over him before both of us dig into our food while we watch Lucifer on the TV.

"Do you ever wish your childhood was different? Not learning how to use guns, but instead playing tag outside with normal kids?" I ask after I threw away all the garbage and sat back down.

"Every day I wished that", he says and glances at me before starring back at the TV on the wall. "All I wanted to be as normal. No killing or guns or stealing drugs, just a normal day at school, and then I come home and eat dinner with my normal family."

"Did your parents ever want a second kid?" I ask and take a sip of the water next to me.

"My mom wanted a second one, but she-", he stopped mid-sentence and swallowed hard before saying through a hoarse throat,  "she never got the chance to."