016

"How do you keep managing to sneek up here?"

"I have my ways." He smirked at me. "I have something for you, if you want it."
His hand came from behind his back. He held his extra quidditch jersey up.
"To cheer me, I mean the team... on. If you want to." I took the jersey from his hands. "I would love to cheer you on."
His cheeks got a little pink as he thanked me. He took my hand and I felt the goosebumps again. He opened my hand and put a piece of paper in it. "Open it when you are alone." He said while turning around.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Y/n,
For the past weeks thoughts have
kept spinning through my head, if you would like to hear about them, meet
me in the Astronomy tower,
tonight at 8pm.

Love, George

My heart skipped a beat. What could he be thinking about? Is he okay? Was something wrong?

The day went normal. I went to quidditch practice to cheer them on while wearing his extra jersey that still had his smell on it. I got a few glances from other girls who saw the name "Weasley" on the back of the jersey. I ignored them. After practice the twins and I sat down for lunch.

I was still wearimg his jersey and George kept throwing death stares at other boys. I still don't get what is up with him. "I should do some homework, see you both at dinner?"

I pulled the jersey over my head and wanted to hand it back to George. "Keep it." I smiled at him. "See you at dinner Y/n." They said in sync. I left and went back to my dorm to do my potions essay.

When I finished it, it was almost time for dinner so I went back to the Great Hall. More people flooded in and I sat down waiting for the twins. Fred came to me alone.

"George said he has some things he needs to do. He told me that whatever you two have planned is still happening or something." Fred filled his plate with food and I almost finished mine.

After dinner I went to the common room with Katie and Lee and talked for a bit. After that I walked to the Astronomy tower. It was dark and I couldn't see anything. "Hey." I felt a tap on my shoulder and turned around.

I looked up in his eyes. "Hey." I said in a soft voice. He grabbed my hand and lead me to te edge of the railing. He waved his wand around and candles lit up the room. "So? Going to throw me of the tower?" I joked. He let go of my hand. "I need to tell you something that has been on my mind a lot lately."

"Whatever it is you can tell me Georgie, I'm here for you."

"It is not something bad or something that bothers me Y/n. I just need you to know." I still looked up to him but his eyes were locked on my hands. He grabbed one of them and kept looking at them. A tingeling feeling rushed through my body.

"Y/n, I'm sorry I didn't say anything earlier. I shouldn't have told you the moment you told me, and I understand if you have moved on but... I like
you Y/n... that isn't even the way to say it... I am crazy about you, Y/n. And I-"

"George, I don't understand... why didn't you tell me earlier." His eyes moved from my hands to my face. "Because I was scared that what you felt for me was just a short time thing. And I didn't want that to ruin our friendship. But I realised that nothing could ever ruin our friendship Y/n. Nothing. And like I told you, I get it if you have moved on and-"

"George... I haven't." A small smile appeared on his beautiful face and his hand reached for my hair. He tucked a small strand of hair behind my ear and cupped my face with one hand. His thumb made small movement over my cheek. "Good." He leaned in, before his lips met mine I saw someone coming the stairs. "Fred."

"Did you just call me Fred!?" He took a step back. "No silly, look behind you."
He turned around and gave his brother a deathstare. "Oy lovebirds! Did I interrupt something?" He winked at me and smirked at his brother. "Piss off Fred." George chuckled. Fred trew his hands in the air and left. "Well, that was..."

"Weird." I finished. "We should go, it is almost curfew." He nodded and took my hand. I looked down to our hands and when he noticed he let go. "I'm sorry, was that not okay?" I took his hand again and looked into his eyes.

"Better than okay." He smiled at me and we went to the common room. I almost slipped on the changing staircases but I caught myself just in time.

🅃🄸🄼🄴 🅂🄺🄸🄿

The second task would take place today. Harry was really nervous and kept asking everyone if they thought he would make it. Cedric seemed more calm about it.

After a few hours we watched the four students jump into the water. It took a while for everyone to come back up. Fleur didn't manage to save her sister. Harry brought her up instead. I felt George his stare focussed on me. I looked up to him a few times and got a smile back. Fred just kept smirking at us.

(Word count: 897)

🅃🄷🄰🄽🄺🅂 🄵🄾🅁 🅁🄴🄰🄳🄸🄽🄶 🅃🄷🄸🅂 🄲🄷🄰🄿🅃🄴🅁