Chapter 1

Time After Time – Cyndi Lauper.

"Today I decided I have had enough of you; so tonight, for however long I can I will forget you. I will live as if I had never met you; until tomorrow when I have to face you once again" – Tiona Harris.

****

🦋 Valentina-Rosa 🦋

Love,

Such a strange thing,

How do you act when you're in love?

Do you do everything a person says?

Do you let them lead you blindly even if it is to your own death?

Do you defend their honor even when they have none?

Do you trust even when there is nothing to trust?

Do you just allow them to do anything to you because they say they love you?

Or do you speak up for what is right?

Maybe for what is wrong?

I was never taught how to love.

I was never taught what love felt like.

So now I take anything and I don't mind because he tells me that he is in love.

And he only does the things he does because of love.

And he apologizes then he does them all over again.

And the cycle goes on.

But I wonder should I stop it?

Or should I let it go on forever?

Rising from the floor I brush the broken glass from my legs, I try not to cry because it's the same all the time; he comes and he goes and he does whatever he feels and I have no choice but to accept all this because, well I have a special place in his heart. I remember when I first met him, my mother introduced us, he was the sweetest even my father likes him and he doesn't like any boy I associate with. Carson Dean, he is truly a character and he has my parents wrapped right around his pinky finger; we've been together for years three maybe four, I stopped counting when he started calling me a whore. My parents don't see him for who he truly is and my friends don't like him though I never told them about anything he did.

Speaking of friends, I'm supposed to be meeting them in town tonight, we just moved to a new city for our last year of university and we decided to go to this club we heard about. I wanted to move in with them when we heard that we could transfer campuses but Carson thought that I should live by myself so that he could come over whenever he wanted without bothering them, I think he said that because he wanted to keep up appearances, he doesn't want anybody to see when he beats me to a pulp just for asking a question he doesn't like or for speaking to him in a tone that he thinks is just a tad too high.

I look around and I see how messy my apartment is, broken glass on the floor, clothes thrown off the couch onto the floor a shirt from the heap spotted with blood; all a result of Carson and his anger of course. My apartment is a studio, not too big not too small, and easy to clean; I live alone, Carson lives all the way across town, he only comes over if he needs money, drugs or to take me somewhere for the sake of saying he has a girl that many want but he's the one she chose.

It takes me a little under an hour to clean the apartment and take a shower; I'm to meet Alia and Aria at eight at the shopping complex right around the corner from my apartment building. After what feels like forever, I finally finish my makeup; I had to learn to do it myself because whenever I needed it to cover bruises that were left in Carson's wake, I would have had to ask Alia or Aria and they'd see the bruises and ask questions and I eventually ran out of lies to quote.