Chapter 27

At My Worst – Pink Sweat$ ft Kehlani

"I get the feeling, so I'm sure, hand in my hand because I'm yours. I can't, I can't pretend, I can't ignore you're right for me. Don't think you wanna know just where I've been, oh

Done being distracted, the one I need is right in my arms, your kisses taste the sweetest with mine, and I'll be right here with you 'til the end of time" – "Peaches", Giveon.

****

🌼Alia🌼

"What are you doing here?" I swing the door open before he has a chance to knock.

"How did you know I was here? I didn't even knock" he asks sticking his hands in the pockets of his hoodie.

"It's two in the morning, you called me three times and I declined plus I know the sound of your car. Call it a hunch"

"Can you at least let me in?" he asks and I lean away from the door giving him space to walk inside.

"I still need to know why you're here," I tell him closing the door.

"I went to see Melissa," he says, sitting on the arm of my charcoal grey sectional couch.

"So, you've been avoiding me for almost three weeks but you had time to go see your ex? You should've said that to me while you were still outside so I could have slammed the door in your face" I huff, crossing my hands over my chest.

"It's not like that Ali, I had to go see her before I could see you. I needed to know why she left so that I could fix whatever it was; I didn't want to burden you with another problem of mine, I wanted to be as close to perfect as I could get, just for you; so, I just needed to know what I did to make her just leave like that. It turns out it wasn't me that was the problem, it was you" he says, his eyes boring into mine.

I already knew that she told me before she left him; she said he's a great guy but he wanted me more than he would ever want her and she doesn't see why she should settle for someone who was in love with someone else.

That's the very same reason Luca and I broke up the other day, he said he doesn't see the point in forcing me to stay when it is obvious I want to be with someone else.

Luca had found that I went to Far Water with Emily and Kyle. He didn't care much about the fact that I mostly went there for Emily because Kyle and I weren't speaking; he cared more about the fact that I went somewhere for a whole week with Kyle and I didn't tell him. Luca and I have been seeing each other for the whole year but we were not exclusive -at least not to me-; he always made a huge deal about me not wanting to introduce him to Aria or any of my friends. Even now I don't see what the big deal was, I mean he introduced me to his friends but I didn't ask him for that, at the time I didn't care I just went to the dinner for the free food, his friends are not in any sense my cup of tea and I do not care for them at all.

Me refusing to introduce him to my friends was barely even the problem; his biggest problem was that I spent too much time with Kyle. I used to refuse to go places with him sometimes just so I could be there for Kyle and he hated that, he was really jealous of Kyle even though I told him that there was nothing going on between the two of us.

One time he said 'there is no way you can tell me that there's nothing going on between the two of you when you look at each other like that'. Of course, then I didn't understand, I mean, there was literally nothing going on between me and Kyle when Luca had said that so it pissed me off how he just assumed that because Kyle and I were close it meant that we were together or something like that. I fought with him about it a lot and every time he brought it up, I denied it. But every single time I was presented with an opportunity to choose between Kyle and Luca, I always chose the former; no matter how big of an emergency Luca was having if Kyle needed me -even if it was to go grocery shopping- I was there.