Chapter 2

Perfect Strangers – Jonas Blue, JP Cooper.

"The moment I saw her, a part of me walked out of my body and wrapped itself around her. And there it still remains." – "The Ministry of Utmost Happiness" Arundhati Roy.

****

🦁Alexandre🦁

"Can I have your keys?" I ask her standing by her car. Outside is basically empty, except for a few persons loitering around the parking lot, entrances, and exits.

"I'm okay to drive" her rounded cupid's bow lips turn up into a smile. She looks into my eyes and her almond-shaped dark brown orbs captivate me; if eyes really are the windows to your soul then her soul is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

"I'm sure you are" I say stretching my hand out to collect her keys. Her oval-shaped face twists into a frown, her button nose wrinkles at the top, and her thick black eyebrows come together as if she's in thought.

"Why should I let you drive my car? I just met you" she says pushing her thick, long black curly hair off her sandy brown skin.

"You shouldn't but if I damage your car in any way, I'll replace it with a brand-new car of your choosing," I tell her and those piercing brown eyes meet mine once again.

"You're bluffing," she says putting her hands on her hips; her waist is small; her hips are wide and she has enough of everything.

She's perfect.

You just met her.

It's just the truth.

"I don't bluff," I tell her truthfully maintaining eye contact.

"Alright then let's go," she says popping her trunk and pulling out a pair of sandals.

The scent of a strong fruity perfume invades my nostrils the moment I enter her car, she sits beside me in the passenger seat, her two friends in the backseat. I follow behind Carter as he drives the rest to the cafe around the corner. As I drive the three girls start discussing the different things that happened to them during the night and I can't help but listen to her voice.

Her voice is sweet and cultured, seductive and calming. She's intriguing and don't get me started on her aura.

Have you ever met somebody and you instantly know that you were destined to meet that person? Like you meet them and everything about them captivates you, it's as if you've known this person your entire life like you've loved them before, gone through so much with them before, yet you've only just met them? You haven't even had a full conversation with them yet you feel drawn to them; it's like you meet them and you don't see yourself going a day without them.

Because that's the feeling I got when my eyes landed on hers not so long ago, she is captivating and I do not want to miss a second of her life; I want us to share every waking moment of our lives together.

I want to blame this on alcohol so badly but I do not have even a drop of alcohol in my system; she fascinates me and I have no idea why.

When we get to the parking lot, I see Teresa sitting on the trunk of Carter's BMW 7 series, Aston between her legs, Kyle and Carter standing to the side in conversation. I remember when I met these four about twelve years ago when we were in the third grade; at the time I was a transfer student my parents had just moved to Willowdale from France and I didn't know anybody.

I had to introduce myself to the class and I was very nervous, so nervous all I could do was stand there filled with nausea and a pair of shaking hands. All the other kids were whispering, pointing, and jeering but Teresa came up to stand beside me, she held my hand and she told me it was okay. She gave the other kids an earful too, told them they should learn to be kind to others; she had Aston, Carter, and Kyle by her side defending her while she was defending me. We've been inseparable since; we've gone through a lot, seen a lot together, fought each other, fought for each other. I've watched them grow, they watched me grow; I watched Aston and Teresa fall in love and their love has given me hope.