Chapter 26

Count on me – Bruno Mars.

"But you'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn, I'll hold you when things go wrong, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn" – "Dusk Till Dawn" Sia & Zayn.

****

🦄Emily🦄

"Footloose, 1984 or 2011," Alia asks from the backseat as we drive towards my house.

Yes, my house; not the one I had with Carson but the one I bought myself after Carson died -may his soul rest in peace-.

"That's the easiest one yet; 1984" I smile and roll my eyes then look over at Kyle.

"2011, easy," he says and I hiss.

"If you weren't driving, I would throw your ass out of my car" I narrow my eyes at him.

"You haven't watched the original yet have you?" Alia asks and I can hear the annoyance in her voice.

"I have but I prefer the 2011 one," he says as if he thinks that it's something to be proud of.

"You uncultured swine" I mutter in disbelief.

"I have one better than Footloose," I say, eyes still narrowed at him.

"Hit me," he says, the stupid ass smile still plastered on his face.

"Oh, I wish I could" I hiss at him.

"With the movie title Emily," he says glancing at me in disapproval for a quick second.

"Dirty Dancing: 1987, Havana Nights or 2017?" I ask hoping that he will redeem himself.

"2017," he says proudly; disappointing me for the umpteenth time this afternoon.

"Kyle there is no way in hell you can look at me and tell me that, that movie was better than the original and Havana Nights" I hiss turning in my seat to glare at him.

"But I can and I just did," he says grinning like an idiot.

"At this point, I think he's just tryna piss us off," Alia says and I see her shake her head through the rear-view mirror.

"No, I am serious," he says and from the little, I can see of his face I can tell he's not joking; or if he is, he has one good ass poker face.

"I can't believe we have the same blood running through our veins" I shake my head in disbelief.

"I'm embarrassed for you," Alia says shaking her head.

"You guys are so rude" he shakes his head.

"We're not rude, you're disappointing. You strike me as the type of man that prefers DC over Marvel" I shake my head again, looking out the window.

"I do, what's wrong with that?" he asks and has the audacity to sound as if he's in this belief!

What is wrong with this man?!

"What do you mean what's wrong with that? I should be asking what's wrong with you!" Alia exclaims as he pulls the car to a stop.

"Let's hope these hooligans can put me in a better mood because I could kill you right now," I tell him opening the car door.

"Hey guys, we missed you!" Teresa says as I walk over to them.

Why are they even here? How did they even know we were coming back today?

Focus.

Right.