Chapter 17

Hardest to Love – The Weeknd.

"You'll never be alone, I'll be with you from dusk till dawn; I'm right here, I'll hold you when things go wrong. I'll be with you from dusk till dawn" – "Dusk till Dawn" Zayn ft Sia.

****

🦄Emily🦄

"Can I have that?" I ask Kyle pointing to the tub of strawberry ice cream in his hands as I walk to the small navy-blue sectional couch facing the larger couch, he is sitting in.

"This one is almost empty, there's a sealed tub in the freezer though I can get it for you," he says as I pull the white envelopes from under my arm placing them on the seat beside me.

"She didn't ask you that Kyle, she asked if she could have the one in your hands right now" Alia hisses from beside him. Her mustard hello hoodie contrasting nicely against the navy-blue couches and walls.

"I was just saying that she could have the one that is in the freezer, you know because it has more than this one" he shrugs rolling his eyes at Alia.

They spend so much time together, she has been here the entire week that I've been here; when we were in Hopewell, they were with each other all the time. I often hear them arguing over things only couples should argue about and I've heard them throwing the name Lucas around in their arguments. I don't eavesdrop but they are very loud, especially at night, they sleep in the same room too and when I asked, they said they are just friends so I don't question it.

"Well, you say too much love. That's the one that I wanted" I smile at him putting my feet up on the couch.

"Why do you even have that, Kyle? We bought them for Emily" Alia asks trying to pull the tub out of his hands.

"Why are you even here Alia? I thought you said you weren't coming back" he huffs walking over to me.

Here we go again.

"I am here for Emily, if she's left alone with you, she'll go crazy for sure. Besides, she needs the company more than she cares to admit" she rolls her eyes at him, looking down on my stomach as she says the last part.

I haven't told any of them about my pregnancy but I will have to soon, they've been hinting at it and the morning sickness is getting worse; the cravings have also started and I have been living in the bathroom.

"Thank you" I smile broadly at Kyle plucking the tub out of his hands.

He just narrows his eyes at me, a fake smile plastered on his face, and walks back to his seat.

"I really can't understand how you guys are eating ice cream in this weather," Alia says looking at us in disgust.

"Girl it's not even that cold" I laugh at her.

"It is!"

"It is not" Kyle rolls his eyes pulling the blanket off her legs.

"Kyle, nobody was talking to you" she hisses snatching the blanket from his hands.

"She's not wrong" I narrow my eyes at him.

"I like how you guys are bullying me in my house" he hisses picking up the tv remote off the black accent table in the middle of the air force blue and white carpet.

"Keep talking and watch us evict you too" Alia hisses putting her feet on his back.

"Can we please watch Someone Great?" Alia asks sitting up when Kyle turns on the tv.

"No"

"Then can we watch Girls Trip"

"No"