Chapter 25

Coming Home, Pt. II – Skylar Grey.

"Life takes you unexpected places, love takes you home" – Anonymous

✨Kyle

"Try not to kill each other while you're gone, Emily can't take care of both of you and house two babies in her belly at the same time so behave," Aston says, looking between Alia and I.

"We always behave," Alia says, fiddling with the strings of her powder blue hoodie.

"Arguing doesn't count as behaving and if when I call Emily she even hints that you guys have been arguing I'm coming down there and I'm beating both your asses especially if I hear that the arguments are about whoever the hell Lucas or Luca is" Aria seethes looking between us.

"You're still very pregnant Coleman" Carter reminds her.

"Not the time Carter" she whips her head around to him so fast I'm surprised she isn't whiplashed.

"Yes ma'am," he says retreating.

"We'll behave I swear" I nod at her when she turns back to me.

I thought growing up with Aurora and Teresa was awful but having to be around two pregnant women is something I do not want to experience ever again.

"I got the key" Valentina-Rosa struts over to us smiling triumphantly.

"How?" Aurora asks looking over at Emily as Alexandre is helping her into the backseat of her car.

"I told her that if she doesn't give me the key then no one will water her flowers and they'll die; I also told her that it is bad luck to bring babies into a house with dead flowers and that it'll make the babies sick"

"Is that a thing?" Aria asks her.

"I don't know but it worked she didn't even hesitate"

"She'll be so mad at us" Alia mumbles under her breath.

"It'll be worth it" Aurora shrugs.

"Now go before she decides that she can FaceTime her parents until it's time for her to give birth," Valentina-Rosa says shooing us away.

***

"Ready?" I ask looking in the rear-view mirror at Emily and she nods sending me a bright smile.

We've been wanting to do something for Emily but she pushes everything that we put on the table away, she didn't want a gender reveal, she doesn't want a baby shower; she doesn't want anything. I think she still thinks that she will have to do everything on her own especially now that Carson is gone but that's not the case and I wish she would let us help her.

I've always been drawn to Emily but the connection got stronger after I found out she was pregnant I think Alia and I talk to babies more than Emily or anyone else does. We've made a habit of reading to the babies every night before bed and speaking to them as early as possible in the mornings. Even when Alia and I are on bad terms (which is often) she comes over to speak to the babies.

There is something about Emily that I can't explain, I love all my friends but I have a special love for her. She's warm and gentle and elegance seems to just run off her even when she looks like a crackhead in the wee hours of the morning. She reminds me of my mother, not my adoptive mother but my birth mother. Their voices are identical and she looks exactly like my mother.

I was sucked into the system when I was four and I barely remember much about my actual parents but my mother's voice is something I can't seem to forget. I always hear her voice saying I think we used to play hide and seek a lot but I can't remember. The only thing I know is that they came here from Puerto Rico when I was four and I ended up in the foster care system. I want to think that my not being with them has something to do with immigration but I don't know for sure and I haven't asked my adopted parents so I guess I won't ever find out.