Chapter 4

Impossible – Shontelle.

"I met you, mistress, today, she's pretty"

*****

🦋

A blissful sigh passes my lips as I lean against the black steel door of my very clean apartment. The white walls look alive contrasting nicely against the black and grey herringbone tile floor; the white quartz top of the three-stool black kitchen island winks at me and I feel warm inside. The small white quartz round table sitting left of the island is sparkly clean as well; I took my time cleaning the frosted glass separating the area of the room housing my queen-size bed covered in dark red sheets from my living area. The white sectional sofa sits comfortably on a freshly vacuumed black rug and the white tv stand facing Marylin Monroe's smiling face is dust-free.

It's already 1 p.m. and I haven't showered my hair is still unkempt and I have no idea what I'll be wearing but as a young woman, I must have my priorities in order right?

Deciding not to waste any more time I go straight to the shower; fifteen minutes later I'm sitting before my mirror trying to get my hair to cooperate. An hour later I am standing at my door in a long sleeve oversized white dress with vertical black stripes running through it that stops right above my knees, a black cross-body bag, my necklace, my watch, and a pair of scarlet red, open toe strappy heels; my hair in a sleek ponytail.

I'm usually alone on Sundays, part of the reason why it's my favorite day so the fact that I am overly excited to go to Alexandre's for dinner is weird to me; don't get me wrong, I like him and his friends and I have no problem spending time with my girls but I shouldn't be this excited to spend time with them. However, if I am, to be honest, I would have to say that majority of the excitement that I currently feel is based on the fact that I get to see Alexandre today again; there is this craving that I have for his presence that I don't think I will ever understand.

He makes me feel so full by just sitting beside me, my mind is at peace whenever I look into his eyes and my soul seems to want to be connected to his at all times. He makes me feel as if there is someone out there that understands who I am and I have never even had a proper conversation with him.

There is something about him that feels like home; it's as if our souls were tied in a previous life.

Relishing in my excitement, I completely forget to pay attention to my surroundings as per usual.

"I am so sorry" I apologize as I bump into a stranger on my way down the small staircase leading to the parking lot.

"This is the second time in two consecutive days that I have bumped into someone, I don't know what is wrong with me" I mutter looking at the woman standing before me.

She has on white fuzzy shorts set, the top is long sleeve and stops right above her navel, the shorts start below her navel and stop mid-thigh.  Her hair is straight and black resting right below her shoulders; the front is cut into a bang that rests right above her thin eyebrows. She has a button nose; rounded cupid's bow lips and enough hips to make men look back at her; her ebony skin seems to be glowing and her black piercing eyes are breathtaking.  

"That's okay, we all have those days" she laughs, her voice smooth and elegant.

"I'm Emily" she smiles at me.

"Valentina-Rosa" I extend my hand to shake hers. When she switches her phone from her left hand to her right so that she can accept my hand her phone lights up and my breath catches in my throat.

On her lock screen is a picture of her sitting in Carson's lap both of them smiling so wide you can barely see their eyes.

"Nice to meet you" she accepts my hand, still smiling.