Hunters Green: Age Play

"Argh!"

Alex's cry of frustration had Jack running in from the kitchen to find out what the hell was going on. He found Alex sat at the edge of the bed with his head buried in his hands and his phone is on the floor on the opposite side of the room.

"What happened?" Alex mumbled a reply that Jack didn't catch. "What?"
"I can't remember my damn code!" Alex snapped, lifting his head to reveal eyes red with unshed tears to go with the heavy bags and slightly gaunt look. "Lex." Jack sighed, joining him on the bed.

Alex was stressed as hell. He had a few early exams coming up that were super important to his grade. He was putting a lot of pressure on himself to do well, and his parents were piling it on too.

It didn't help that his super successful lawyer sister was in town on a case unintentionally showing off how well she was doing.

Jack wrapped an arm around his boyfriend's shoulder and pulled him closer. "I'm sorry," Alex whispered out, voice thick with unshed tears.
"Don't apologise." Jack kept his tone soft. "Just start looking after yourself a bit better. You need to rest Lex." Jack was more than a little surprised when instead of getting the snarky comeback he'd expected Alex just began to sob.

Without a word Jack pulled him into his lap and held him tight, running a hand soothingly through his hair.

This was getting out of hand. There had to be something he could do to help his boyfriend. There just had to be.

                                     ─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ・───

Alex was finally on his lunch break. It was almost six pm and he was supposed to finish almost two hours ago but it had been an incredibly busy day and Alex had ended up getting rostered on for the evening shift too which had screwed up his plan of an evening of studying and being in bed before three am for a change.

He'd had a lot of shitty customers and was now ranting vehemently down the phone to Jack. Jack was just grateful he was venting to someone about it since he clearly needed to get it off his chest.

"You've still got the day off tomorrow, right?" He asked once Alex had calmed down a little. "Yes." Alex sighed. Jack wished he could give him a hug.

"Good. You're going to turn off your phone so work can't get hold of you and you're coming around to mine." He wasn't going to let this one go.
"Jack I can't, I've got to study! I've already lost tonight's time I can't afford to be distracted by you all day too."

"What did you learn yesterday?" There was a long pause on the other end of the line. "What?" Alex sounded genuinely baffled.
"I said, what did you learn yesterday? Tell me what you were studying." More silence. "I..."
"Can't." Jack finished for him.

"All this studying isn't going to do the darndest bit of good if your so exhausted and stressed out that you can't even remember what you're studying. You're just going to run yourself into the ground for nothing. You need balance, Alex. Downtime is just as important as studying and work." Alex grumbled under his breath, but Jack knew he was winning him over.