Chapter 2

Sage

"Get up bitch!! Don't tell me you are getting us late on my graduation." I screamed at my best friend over the phone while my driver was honking outside her home.

"Gosh, will you breathe. I am coming, I am coming." Said Eve from the other side. "Come down, NOW!!!" I shouted as I disconnected. "Jonas, honk louder" I ordered my driver and got down the car. "Here" I threw my camera for Stepheno. "Seriously Signorina, again?" He said irritated catching it. "What!! its my graduation today, I need memories" I said cheerfully and started posing and he started clicking the snaps. 

"Hush Dude, I am here, aren't I? What are you honking now for." Came the agitated voice of my Red head Barbie stumbling down her stairs. She gasped looking at me. "What the hell are you doing?" She dragged me to the corner from my elbow. "I am clicking for my Insta, c'mon get some pictures with me." I told her "Are you mad? Do you have any idea who you are? What Instagram. You shouldn't have an Insta. And for God's sake what are you wearing" she said pointing at my off-shoulder dress. I looked at it, I find it okay and its not like my Father is here or anything. "Eve its okay, calm down" "You will die yourself and you will get me killed too" She said and dragged me to the car's door. "Please you got enough now just sit and get this over with" She literally dragged me inside the car. "Sir, please can you give back the camera?" she asked Stepheno looking down and he passed her the camera looking at her.

She jumped inside the limo "Seriously! What's the rush Brunette, we still have an hour, can't a girl sleep." She said scolding me for continuous honking and I pulled her in a bear hug. "What can I say Red, I missed you so much" I said all cheerful. "We met last night weirdo." She said hugging me tighter.

Eve and I are together since kindergarten. We are like the soul sisters. There wasn't a day I didn't see her in my nineteen years of life. Whether it's a good day or a bad day, she was there with me. She is the only one in my highschool who knew who I am, well because she is a part of it and she is the only one knew what I am about to do tonight.

"Why you didn't take the photographs with me you know Stepheno clicks great pictures" "Because I have no interest in taking a bullet" "C'mon look here" I said as I lifted my phone for selfie. "Eve! Atleast you can smile once in a photograph for me." I said and she looked down "You know they don't allow us to do this social media stuff." she said sadly "You think Steph will rat me out, he works for me. He can't create problems for me." "But he can for me, and why you forget he works for your Dad, he is as bad as they are, why you always think him as friend. He is not a friend Sage." she said holding my hand. "Eve, I don't know when I can get a chance to get another photo with you. These memories are all I have and they mean everything to me." I said pouting looking out the black tinted windows. "Now if you will say like this, what can I say." She said and a smile came on my face. "You are a vixen" she said shaking her head but finally gave me a lovely photograph of us. "And I trust Steph" I said patting her head. "You are delusional" she said looking away from me.

Stepheno has been working with our family for more than ten years now, and he is a fine man. He is so strong, people sometime wonders if he is a WWE fighter. Well he is in a way. He is my bodyguard among five others who keep tabs of my every move but I like Stepheno the most. His muscles gave me a reason to brag when any one is mean to me. His one growl and boys shit their pants. I had too much fun scaring people off with him but Eve, she always says I am playing with fire, and one day I will get burn in it. Silly girl. She has this weird vibe with Stepheno, she is never comfortable around him. But not being around him is not an option, he is always there and she eventually learned to be in his presence. She always bend down to the rules.

Rules that my Father makes. "Follow the rules like your life depends on it, because it does." He always says this. "There is nothing before the rules" Uggghhh, I so hate them and I hate him. But he says it's important in our world that's how the Mafia world runs.