Chapter 24

Sage

I woke up with the sun falling on me, I yawn and stretched still lying and the first thing I saw was him, he was drying his hair with towel. His blue shirt was getting curved along with his muscles. He threw the towel on the bed without looking and brushed his hair. He sprayed the colonge and picked up his watch and gun. "Done staring me, food ain't going to cook itself" he said still looking in the mirror and I bolted upright on the bed, surprised how he knew I was staring at him "I do not have to look to know if someone is watching me. I am trained enough for such shit and you, you are an amateur" he said turning towards me "Um-I-I am so-sorry for s-staring." I said looking down. He nodded for me to get up and I removed the duvet to ask him to open my chained leg but I was already unchained. Strange.

"I didn't know whether you would woke up before I would have left so I unchained you when I got up." He explained "Th-thank yo-you" I said with half a smile. He looked at me for a moment but didn't say anything just left. I got up and did my morning routine. I rushed downstairs to prepare his breakfast. He was at the table already, reading newspaper. Newspapers come here, that's surprising. I quickly wrapped my hair in a bun and got started with the breakfast. I put together some chocolate pancakes with strawberries and scrambled eggs. I placed his plate in front of him "Your breakfast?" He asked since I just put one plate. "I-I will eat post clea-cleaning." "No bring your breakfast now, eat" he said without any scope of negotiations. I nodded and brought my plate too after giving Carlos breakfast of security people.

We ate in silence and just when I got up to pick up our plates a photograph was dropped on the table. I looked at the person who dropped it and it's Dan "Morning Gorgeous, what no breakfast for me?" He said and I looked at Azriel confused as to what to do and he nodded for me to bring him breakfast too. I fixed him a plate too "Gorgeous  now that you are on this side of the house, get used to seeing me more often. Isn't it sucker?" he said to Azriel punching on his arm and I was shocked that anyone has the audacity to talk to him like that "Yeah because this dumbass is my...my..partner" Azriel said. He dozed off on the lack of words like he is trying to recall what it's called and then settled on partner. "Friend you sucker, I am your friend. It is called a friend" said Dan punching him on the arms irritated "Yeah that too" Azriel said and I let out a small laugh but controlled myself as his eyes came on me.

I turned to leave them to whatever discussion they are supposed to do when I heard Dan's voice "Cute pj's Gorgeous" he said and I looked at my tank top and shorts. I didn't take shower first because I thought to fix his breakfast first. I don't know if that was a comment or compliment so I muttered a small "Thanks" with half a smile and left. 

"What's Gorgeous? Her name is Sage. Why do you call her gorgeous?" I heard Azriel asking Dan in an irritated tone and that made me scared though Dan wasn't. "Whaaatt....it's a nickname. She is gorgeous so...." "Yeah...but why you will give her a nickname, you are not her parents or husband or brother or- " "Yeah so what I am your friend, she is your wife, so I am her friend too and friends can give nicknames to friends." He explained and it's like he is explaining to some child the concept of relationships. "So because you are my friend you are now her friend too?" He asked. Oh God this conversation is so fascinating, I couldn't move. It's like a robot talking. Does he don't know anything about human emotions.

"Duh...obviously" "But what about the thing called trust. She doesn't know you how will she trust you. You say friends should have trust" "She trusts you, you trust me hence she will trust me. And we just met. We will build our trust" Dan said with a smile. "Huh, weird" said Azriel but didn't object further. "God this is coming from someone who likes literature, I can't believe." "Look I read those stories because Ava bugs me to read them. Something about emotional connect but they are stupid and strange but yeah its a good change of pace from the regular work and some do get you hooked up on" Azriel said. So Ava make him read those classics. "Oh I pity our Sage, she is caught up with a robot." "Shutup, I can feel ok" Azriel said punching him and Dan laughed "Really, you can. How are you feeling now?" Dan teased "Angry, at you" he said and Dan laughed and so did I as I moved towards the room.