Chapter 8

Sage

"God Sage, you are looking so beautiful. I told you, you will be the most beautiful bride this world would see." Said my Mom as she dolled me up. I looked at the reflection in front of me. I couldn't see a beautiful girl, all I saw is emptiness.

It is said that your wedding day is your biggest day, today is my biggest day.

I will be tied to a man I never saw before. To a man who is popularly known as the reincarnation of Satan and he is proud of that.

Aren't brides are supposed to be happily nervous, I should be excited, nervous, scared, happy but I didn't feel anything.

I looked in the mirror and I saw little red paper hearts falling from my locker in my highschool and Justin jumping at me from behind making me laugh hard. I saw us kissing leaning on the lockers. A smile crept up to my face looking at how happy I was.

I looked and saw Eve and I digging the ice cream on our sleepovers. I laugh slightly as I saw me dipping her face in ice cream and her running after me.

I saw my mother oiling my hair and singing me songs sitting right here in my room.

I saw Uncle Brandon taking me and Eve to shopping. I smiled as tears welled up my eyes and the figures one by one started getting blurred.

They disappeared slowly and were locked in a box.

"Just obey him honey" my mother's voice broke my trance. "Huh?" I asked her to repeat what she said. "Are you not listening to what I am saying?" She said creasing down the creamy fabric. I shook my head and she let out a sigh. "I know you are scared sweetie but you need to try. He is an aggressive man, he will hurt you. Try to not push his temper. If you will obey him, he might not be too harsh." She said and I nodded. I am not scared. I don't feel anything. Not right now at least.

"I am sorry sweetheart" she said as she put the veil on my head over the white flower tiara. "I am sorry that you dreamt kiddo and I am sorry that your dreams were shattered." She said and lone tear strolled down my cheek.

"See if I missed anything to pack and you want to keep" she said after a moment packing my bags. I got up and picked up the photo frame from my bed side table. It was the picture of Eve and I from last summer. We went to LA and this was from our last night at the Hollywood sign. Stepheno clicked us. Nothing is more important here than Eve for me. She is all I want to take with me. I kept the photograph in the bag Mom prepared and she zipped it 

"Its time Mrs. Romano" I heard a guard from outside. "Come my pumpkin. I hope you have a happy marriage." My Mom said, even her voice mocked at her wish.

I was so numb to say anything to her.

We halted at the church and I heard my father's agitated voice. "Can't believe my daughter is getting married in a simple church. What will people say of my reputation. You were supposed to get married in a country club but a whore like you doesn't deserve an Underboss. Pathetic" he spitted out his disgust for me taking my hand in his and the bridal chorus began to play.

The one person I wished to be here was Eve and she isn't here. I longed for her sweet smile that says everything will be fine. I looked at Jesus and prayed for her life and health. Please save her God, don't let her bear the consequences of my sins. I prayed internally for her. Everything was so blank. Like nothing matters, not anymore.

The walk down the aisle ended sooner than I thought and I felt my father placing my hand in his cold ones. The moment my skin touched his, the emptiness was filled with fear. So much fear that I couldn't open my eyes. That I couldn't even understand what my Father whispered to me as a warning to die than let him down. I couldn't hear anything.