Chapter 30

Sage

We halted in our steps hearing Eve's trembling voice as she stuttered his name.

"Sh-Shadow"

"Eve, you okay. Relax." She was shaking too much and breathing hard. Maybe scared of Azriel but how she recognized him? Did they meet before? I wonder. I was rubbing her arms it's looks like she is some trance. "Eve!" I shook her and she finally drifted her eyes from him to me. "You are okay, right?" I asked and she took some deep breaths before responding.

"Yea-yeah I am. I am. Sage, why are you leaving with him?" She asked in almost in whisper. "Eve, he-he is my husband." I told her and her eyes widen and jaw fell in shock. "Sage?" And I held up my hand to show her his tattoo. "Sage this..." she said holding my hand and seeing it "My wedding ring" I said with a scoff "Prettier than yours, huh? Good thing I won't loose it, ever" I said with a sarcastic laugh and she hugged me "Oh, Sage" she said and she has so much pity in her voice.

"Eve," I broke the hug. "I am fine Eve. Don't worry. You just find your happiness because you deserve it babe" I said cupping her cheek. I just hope Matteo could keep her happy. She nodded at me and hugged me again tightly. Like this is our last hug. Maybe it is. Thinking, I hugged her too, too hard. "Stay safe, Eve" I whispered in her ears and she too. We broke the hug and wiped her tears and she did mine.

"I-I should go now." I said and she nodded. I moved towards Azriel and we turned to leave "Sh-Shadow". We stopped at Eve's voice.

She came to us "Tha-thank y-you S-Sir." She said to him and I looked at them confused, having no idea why she thanked him. "That night you saved me from Stepheno. If you hadn't killed him that moment, he would have raped me. I couldn't thank you then because I-" "Its alright. Good to see you recovered." He said blankly.

"Stepheno did what?" I blurted and I was so angry. Mom said he killed Stepheno because he failed in the job of finding me. I understood that on my Father's order he might have beaten her but he tried to rape her. How delusional was I to trust a prick like him. Thank God Azriel killed him or I would have killed him myself.

"Brunette, it's over. Don't worry yourself on it anymore. I am fine. Stop blaming yourself for the past. Just live for the future, huh" she said and hugged me again and so did I. "Take care Eve" I said and we left.

"I said I don't want you crying over this at home. So now if you still want to cry, you can stay here. But the moment you step inside the car, I don't want a single tear in your eyes. Got it?" He said and I nodded.

"Heard you were crying a lot" we turned to see the man I hate most, my Father. "Guess finally it made it inside your pea sized brain that you are now regretting what you did. This could have been you if you weren't such a slut" I heard his spiteful words and I rolled my eyes "You know Dad, talk to me when you come up with something new" I said because I am tired the same line again and again. "She was nothing, a bloody daughter of one of my henchmen and now she will be the Donna, look what you lost whore" he held my jaw tightly and roughly.

In a split second my father was on the ground. Holding his jaw due to Azriel's punch. The worst thing is I didn't feel bad for him. Maybe I am the worst daughter but I liked that Azriel punched him.

He crouched down at my Father's level. "Next time you touch her with your filthy hands I will chop them off you, Romano." He said and left him with a jerk.

He came to me held my wrist and dragged me to our car. He pushed me to the jeep's door and caged me keeping both his hands on the either side. "Listen, and listen good. No one and I mean fucking no one touches my toy. This is the second time I am telling you, you are mine. Fucking mine." He said grabbing my jaw. "If I saw any other man touching you, I will kill you. No one will touch my toy, not until I say it. Third time I won't say it, my gun will. Got it!" He said banging the head of the jeep making me flinch. "Ye-yes Ma-master" I said in a stutter. He grabbed my jaw and his fingers dug into my skin making me whimper. "Say it" he demanded and I gulped. I know how much he revel in the fact that he owns me but when he makes me say it, it's like I loose a part of me everytime