Chapter 50

Sage

"Come again" he said getting up and I swallowed in fear. I know I am walking on the edge right now but for the first time I am actually feeling good and I don't want to drift into the pit of sadness again.

"You were saying?" He said standing next to me and I was looking down. Say it Sage. I was trying to gather some courage but instead a whimper escaped my lips as he held me closely with my arms. "Say it" he said with gritted teeth. "I-I. Please Master, let it go. You don't have to-", his slap cut my words in between.

"I don't have to?" He said pulling my hair in his fist. "I don't have to, huh? How? Since when did my toy started to talk so much"  he said and tears welled up my tears. It breaks my heart listening this, why did I even thought that we moved any forward. Somethings can never change.

"Your tears are hiding your eyes Doll, eyes in which I am supposed to be" he said staring at me. I lifted my palm and I wiped my tears. He brushed his knuckles on my cheek.

"I-I am sorry" I said and he left my hair. "Sorry for what love" he asked stepping closer making me step back. "Sorry for what?" He shouted making me flinch. "F-for, f-for the tears" "For tears, huh" he step more closer and I took another step backwards. I nodded. "Anything else?" He said. I know what he wants to hear and every bone in my body is screaming to apologize for denying him. But my heart was stopping me.

"Pl-please Master" I murmured. "Please what Sage?" "Master we don't have to go through this. We can be free" I said cupping his cheek. He kept his palm on mine "Free?? You think you are ever going to be free from me" he said. "I am talking about your freedom" I said and he jerked my hand away and turned around. "Again! Why are you not understanding?" He said agitated "What do you expect me do, huh? Give up?" He said charging at me again. "Give up what? You are fighting for something that will take you even far away from the peace you want. Why you want to fall deep in the pit you didn't want to be in to begin with. You didn't want to be the killer Master then why you want to become the one person who is the root cause of this" I explained him

"Enough!" He shouted at me. "What you want me to do, huh? To keep taking it. Like I am doing since years. Keeping quiet. Taking everything silently. All these years I have tolerated every injustice, every pain, every disrespect silently. Because I didn't have power. Do you know?" She said pulling me with my elbow "Do you know how painful, How. Fucking. Painful it is to see your mother every fucking day to recognize you as your guardian instead of your child. How painful it is to see her ripping herself into shreds running from a voice that is not ever there" he said and his every word had his pain.

"No. No Master I don't. I don't know but I see it in your eyes everyday. I want you to be free from this. And that's why I want you to see that this is your way out. You can live with your mother. You don't have to hide her from the world. Let's go from here. Build our own world." I said trying to coax him. To show him that he need to break this spiral. "This is my world. This is the world I lived in. This is the world that has made me what I am. This is the world that broke me apart and this is the world where I will prove that I am more than a bastard. This world will kneel in front of me." He said

"And like I said Sage, I will be the Don and I don't give a fuck about collateral damage. So call it a ladder all you want, we are going to have a baby. We will set up an appointment and discuss our options, am I clear?" He said with determination. "Sage?" He said with a warning.

"So you will choose your power too over your love, like your father did" I said. I don't know how but after such a long time I want to put up a fight. A fight for a future that I am seeing after what felt like a lifetime. The Azriel I saw in the Healthcare Center with Rosa, I want to build my future with him. I want him to laugh with me like that and even if he still need to control me or call me his toy I will give him that but I want to submit to the human in him.