Chapter 48

Azriel

I kissed her forehead and let out a sigh. I felt a soft hand on my shoulder and I turned towards her. My eyes met Sage's and it was like a dam broke and the tears started to flow freely from my eyes. I hugged her from the waist and she wrapped her hands around my head.

In that moment I wanted to let it go. I wanted to be that child again and cry my pain out. I felt tired of bearing this pain. I don't know how long I kept crying in her hold and I heard her sniffles with me. 

After the cries became silent hiccups "I feel so tired Sage." I said in a whisper. "I want to lay down in her lap again and sleep to the lullaby she used to sing to me. I want my Mamma back. I am tired of being alone" I murmured in her hold. I felt her breaking the hug. She knelt in front of me and cupped my cheek "You are not alone Azriel. I will always be with you" she said and I held her hand and hugged her again. 

"Thanks" I said to her as she gave me the cup of coffee which she brought for us from the vending machine in the lobby. She sat beside me on that bench we were sitting moments ago with her cup. "Can I ask you something, Master?" She said and I scoffed "Ofcourse, seems like you are on it today, 'Miss I am going to get all your secrets out'" she laughed lightly. "Why you told me?" I raised a brow not understanding her question "I mean I guess only Dan apart from your family knows it, then why you shared with me" she elaborated "Well, you are the only one who asked" I told her shrugging and taking a sip of the coffee. "You are saying no one ever asked you about your mother, your past, your pain" she asked bewildered. Why is she surprised, I wonder. Who would, anyway. I didn't say anything though. 

"Dan told me about Matteo's divorce" she said and my grip tightened around the white paper mug shielded by a brown strap. "He is lying" I said "How are you so sure, maybe-" "I know because Eve is with me" I said getting up with a jolt. I threw the coffee in the dustbin and raked my hands in my hair to control my anger. "W-with you" She asked surprised. I let out a sigh. "Yeah with me." I said standing at door towards the garden of the center. "Wh-why is she with you?" she asked. Her voice was trembling, thinking of the worse that I might have killed her. "Remember the night you told me that she is in love with Zyan." I said turning to her and she nodded her head. "You know about their punishments?" She nodded again looking down. "A-Ava told me that Matteo threw her out of the house and Don sent Zyan to Rome" she said and I laughed. "Sometimes I wonder, how the people who are running the biggest Mafia are so dumb" I said "You think that fidelity by a woman will encounter such an easy punishment. When have you seen Don letting go anyone. Hell that man killed his own brother and his family, he will let these people go" I said and she stood up with wide eyes "Don killed them?" "Don't tell me you actually believe the accident story" I said "No, I-I mean I heard gossips about Don killing his brother but his family, th-they were in Rome, right? Everyone says that" she said and I reached her "Oh Sage, you are so naïve. You are like that kid who actually believe that her parents send her dog to live off on a farm in its old age rather than knowing that her pet is actually dead" I said and she looked down. She scrunched her nose and I laughed. I pinched nose "No silly girl, where do you think they are living in Rome, if they would have been wouldn't his nephew would have claimed the throne by now. They never reached Rome. He poisoned them in the private jet." I told her and she was stumped. "And that what's supposed to happen with Zyan" "B-but Zyan is Lorenzo's son. H-he is family-" "No is the traitor. And I was supposed to kill that traitor and your little Red riding hood was supposed to be in the Gentlemen's club working off" 

"D-Did you? Did you kill him and Eve-did she-" "And does it matter if I had killed him." I said cutting her off. I looked at her and she looked down. She shook her head "N-No Master" she said softly. I lifted her chin "Good girl. It shouldn't. I still own you Sage, you do not question me. I control you its not the other way round. I had let you in, because I love you Sage, not because you hold any power over me." I told her, something that I never want to get changed in our equation and she needs to understand that. "Y-yes Ma-Master" she said. Her eyes gave away her sadness. Why does she expect more from me. I told her I can't do it. I cupped her cheeks and kissed her forehead because I feel sad for her. She held my wrists with her hands and closed her eyes to avoid any tears that are on the verge of falling.