Chapter 49

Sage

We turned towards her, and Azriel reached her. "Hey Rosa, had a good sleep?" He asked hugging her sideways and she nodded with a smile. "What happened, why I slept?" She asked not remembering how she got agitated on TV and he just brushed her question off and she turned to me. She asked raising her brows to Azriel and I got a little flustered, what will he tell her. I don't know if I should be seen to her or not.

"Come Sage" he said and my eyes widen. I thought he would ask me to leave. Why is he calling me?

But his soft smile turned my apprehensions to a smile. I reached closer to them. He held out his hand and I took it.

"Rosa this is Sage. She is my wife" he said making me stunned at the word. He is the only one who still thinks after signing the divorce papers that he could say that. "What is a wife?" She asked surprised and Azriel tried to find the right word. "Um-lets say that she lives with me and I like her" he said. Wow that's some definition, I thought.

She gasped with a smile "Really!" She said and he nodded she took my hand and for a moment it felt like my mom has held my hand. A feeling I had almost forgotten. She brought me closer and Azriel got up for me to sit. I sat on the edge of her bed facing her.

Seeing her up close I see that Azriel got his eyes from her. The midnight blue only thing her eyes are not that cold and empty instead they had glimmers of hope and glee. I gave her half a smile, "You love him?" She asked fading my smile. I don't know how to answer that. I could say I do but somehow I didn't want to lie to her and no matter what I feel or what I want to feel there is still a Sage in me who still doesn't allow me to feel for the person who literally drained me empty. A Sage who is just a toy and she refuse to confess that she could ever feel love for the man who broke her into a toy.

"Um-" "Now Rosa no one can love me like you" Azriel cut me off to save me from the predicament. His eyes met mine and I gave him half a smile though that doesn't heal his heart that my rejection breaks.

"I know you do, he is so handsome, isn't he?" Said Rosa with a chuckle and I laughed too "Yeah that he is" I said "I am happy he is not alone" she said and hugged me.

I was a bit surprised but her hug was so sweet and I felt so safe. Safe to cry and I did. I cried a lot. "Hey why are you crying?" She said and try to break the hug but I hugged her tighter. Her hug reminded me of my mother. And I don't want to loose it again. After hugging her for few more minutes I broke the hug. She wiped tears and gave me a smile "You are not lonely anymore, I will be with you" she said and I chuckled and cried. For the first time someone actually said that I won't be alone. I am so tired of this loneliness.

"Thank you" I said to her. "Will you come home with me?" I asked her. "Sage I think-" "Will you play with me?" She said cutting off Azriel's objection. She had a glint of excitement in her eyes. "Everyday" I said and she smiled gladly.

"Okay, let me talk to her doctor and we can leave then." He said and I smiled.

"Rosa! Welcome back" Carlos greeted us crouching down at her level as we reached home. "I missed you too Carl" she said excitedly and hugged him. "I have just set up your room" he said taking her wheelchair.

"She used to live in penthouse?" I asked Azriel as I saw Carlos taking her towards the penthouse. "Yeah" he told me sitting on the couch. Now I understand the elevator. I followed them upstairs. I looked around and once again penthouse looked lively, yet it was so different from the time I stayed. The living room didn't have the TV, the electric fireplace was replaced with wooden. The bedroom had fresh Lilies, the sheets were floral, so were the curtains. Somehow it has more brightness, more light, more life.