Chapter 33

Sage

It's been six months of my pregnancy. In these six months, I never saw Azriel happy for going to be a father. Though he took care of me, which is surprising. He didn't let me do any housework specially in the first three months and after that too, I work only after doctor's advise. He took me for my appointments. He never forgets them and keep a track of my vitamins. I never missed a dose because of him. He still holds my hair when I puke due to morning sickness. He has filled the kitchen with dark chocolate because that's what I crave most these days. Though he is still cold and distant and yet he do everything.

And today, we are here at Don's mansion. For the first time I came here. Don invited us over for the dinner to celebrate my pregnancy.

"Woah, how big is this place?" I exclaimed in surprise as I stepped out of our jeep. I rarely get chances to come out so I always eagerly say yes to where ever he is taking me.

"Five acers" Azriel told me and I was amazed. Like seriously Don lives in a mansion which is spread in five acres with his one family and his another son lives in a cottage in woods. I wonder how much money Azriel makes from the killing he does for Don. I have seen him struggling sometimes specially with managing Rosalynn's hospital bills. I still don't know who is she and why is she in the hospital, if she is his girlfriend then why he married me or is she in the hospital because he married me. All I know that she is one of the three people he actually care about enough to know if they are alive or dead.

"I so didn't want to bring you here" he muttered and I made a face behind him you never want to take me anywhere anyways.

We entered the iron gates and all the guards literally bend down to greet Azriel and he paid no heed to anyone. I never saw him working. I wonder how strict he is as a boss. I am sure pretty much.

"Welcome home Son" I turned to see Don coming down the stairs. Wow Don came himself to receive him. That's new. Azriel gave him a curt nod with a shake still ignoring his hug. Don doesn't give up and he, he never bend down from his high-end ego. Atleast Don's age demands that much respect but Azriel, he do not care at all.

"How are you sweetheart?"

"I am good Don, thank you for having us" I replied to him with a courtesy and heard scoff from Azriel.

"Did I say something wrong?" I asked in a wishper.

"No, you just-leave it" he said shaking his head and moved forward with me following behind

As strange as it sounds but I was missing Dan, it's easier to understand Azriel when he is around. But he didn't come with us.

"Well, well, well if it isn't our love birds" we heard Matteo's voice laced with venom as we took first step inside and now I understand why he didn't want me here.

Matteo's eyes were dripping with hatred and malice. He came towards me and just before he could touch me Azriel came between us. "What's up little brother, how's married life treating you?" He asked pushing him few steps backwards not too subtly.

"All too good, brother." He said.

"Sage!" I heard Ava and a smile come to me. Where is Eve? I thought 

"Come!" She said dragging me and I stopped her not knowing if I could go inside. "Wait" I said halting her. I looked at Azriel, should I go or not? I know how fond he is of these people and he rarely let me away from his sight.

I kind of asked him with my eyes and very reluctantly he nodded. I turned to Ava and we walked from there. In a way it was good that I am away from Matteo and his comments