Chapter 51

Azriel

I banged my leg on my jeep letting out my frustration. "Fuck!" I cursed. I looked Carlos from the rear view mirror, he was looking at me. I turned and he shifted his gaze. I marched at him "You are her new BFF right." I said pulling his collar "Then ask her to get it in her fucking head that she cannot make me give up" I said pushing him away and left from there.

"Dan, I am going to Alexander's. Bring them there" I called Dan while driving. "What? Are you sure?" He asked confused. "Yeah I want to end this tonight" I said disconnecting.

How could she say that I manipulated her into sleeping with me? Is it just that little that she knows me? She said no to me. Lately when she brought Rosa back to house things started to change. In the last two weeks she started laughing. Sage started laughing.

I never knew that could happen but maybe because I isolated her so much that she was so lonely. With Rosa she talk and read stories to her and dress her up. Sometimes when I used to watch her silently and I guess she forgot that penthouse had cameras. Or maybe she doesn't care anymore. Because she knows she is mine. Atleast that's what I thought. But today she rejected me.

She said she don't want to be with my dark side. The Shadow. And here I was in the delusion that she is the only person in this whole world who knew me inside out and still stands with me.

The people who call me Shadow don't know who Azriel is and my mother who knows me as Azriel doesn't know about the Shadow but Sage knew it all. She had seen me at my worst, she has taken my most evil side and she brought out the human in me. The man who never confessed that he feels for anything, anyone that he is nothing more than a monster, Sage is the only one for whom I let my guard down and let her see the scars on my heart. The only one for whom I allowed myself to feel. The only one who has seen the vulnerable side of me because I thought that she mine. No matter what I am, she is mine. But I was wrong.

Maybe it's me who is to blamed for this. I broke her too much that she can't allow herself to love me. I saw the pain in her eyes when I divorced her. She thought I used her and threw her away and that's why I cleared that these papers meant nothing. I wouldn't let her go, everything is still the same. I know her heart broke and exuded from her eyes when I brought Sabrina. She got a panic attack that I married another woman the very next day and still keeping her. I think I broke her that day completely. She thinks she broke at that Gentlemen's club but I knew it was when she heard my name with someone else. She needed me then and I was not there for her. I needed another girl but I never gave away her place. But I failed to explain her that. Because I don't know how to. I didn't want to give into those emotions. I banged on the steering.

All this is because of Alexander. He fucking ruined me. And she wants me to forget what he did. Building a new world, how is that possible when I am all about this. She asked me to choose her or being myself.

I scoffed at the fact that how happy I was in the morning when I asked Dan to get the contract annulment papers ready. I wanted to surprise her that I took away her biggest pain. I wanted to tell her that me bringing Sabrina was not her insult, it was mere purpose oriented relationship. She might be friends with Sabrina but I know that was the day when a part of her died internally. I explained Sabrina about the annulment and promised her to keep my word and follow through Charlie's treatment. We signed the papers this afternoon and I imagined Sage being happy on this. And she was, for a moment. She said she don't want to have a baby with me. She don't want my child.

That's the hatred you deserve Azriel. My inner voice echoed in my ears. No I don't deserve this, Alexander deserves this and today I will give him what he deserves. He took everything away from me and now he has taken Sage too. She doesn't love me because he made me like this. I hate him and I will end him.