Chapter 2- Escape Artists

"Put them in maximum security isolation, I do not want them running rampant in my city," Dream snapped as people flurried around him like snowflakes. He set down the phone and dialed another number.

"Hey baby I'm going to be home late," he said, making his voice softer and kinder. There was a sigh in reply.

"Dream, come on. We were in the middle of something too," the accented voice pouted back, sounding upset.

"I know baby, but we caught the Sleepy Boys and I have to make sure they can't get away."

There was a gasp, then another sigh.

"Ok, but don't overwork yourself. I'll be ready for when you come home."

He said the last part in a flirty tone, making Dream's cheeks heat up.

"I can't wait," he said in a low gravely voice. "Love you kitten."

"Love you too."

Dream hung up, already wanting to go home and see he beautiful boyfriend, but he had other matters to attend to. He made more calls and arrangements, eventually getting these criminals shipped out to the nearest max security prison by tomorrow afternoon. The sooner the better. There was another rather dangerous minor locked up in there who they had caught last month. He had claimed to be with the Sleepy Boys, and based on the damage he had caused they'd believed him. Might as well have everyone in one place, they'd be easier to keep track of that way.

The phone beeped frantically, making Dream groan as he snapped out of his thoughts. He picked it up and immediately woke right up at the sound of screaming and shots.

"THEY ESCAPED, EVACUATE THE BUILDING," Sapnap screamed. Dream was on his feet in a second yelling Sapnap's name, but the line was dead.

"EVERYONE OUT, THERE'S BEEN A BREACH," Dream shouted. The office threw itself into a panic. He started heading them towards the doors and ushering them out. He was about to leave himself when the door behind him slammed open. He turned in horror as the Sleepy Boys walked in, toting guns.

"Get on your stomach, this is a robbery," Tommy said with a loud laugh.

"Please," Dream stammered out, doing as the asked. He felt sluggish, like he was stuck in a nightmare. "I have a boyfriend who's expecting me. Please."

"Well now we can't kill him," Phil said, a fatherly smile on his face. "I wouldn't want to disappoint his boyfriend."

"Boyfriend you say," Wilbur said, strutting closer. He bent down and grabbed Dream's jaw, making him shudder. There were no reports of rape, but that didn't mean he couldn't be the first.

"You're pretty cute. If you ever break up with your boyfriend, call me."

"Wilbur, stay on task."

"You are all insane," Dream said, his heart hammering in his chest. To his surprise, they all laughed like it was an inside joke.

"I do hear voices," Techno said, a smile lighting up his face. It made him look a little cute in Dream's opinion.  He silently cursed himself, now was not the time to be pan.

"Oh I've already gone clinically insane," Wilbur added, spinning his gun around on his finger. He had dropped Dream's head and he hit the ground with his chin.

"I'm on my way to insane," Tommy chimed in.

"And you all are driving me insane," Phil completed, checking his feathers. "You can get up now Dream, we don't want to hurt you."

Dream swallowed, horrified they knew his name. He dragged himself to his feet, shaking uncontrollably. Wilbur noticed and sighed softly.

"We just borrowed some dart guns, no one is dead. Don't worry."

Dream examined the guns and sure enough the barrels were shaped to shoot sleeping darts, not bullets."

"The black haired one might have a concussion," Tommy said, pursing his lips.

"Yes, and you are going to write a formal apology letter for that one," Phil snapped. Tommy flinched away but nodded, chastised. "And for those cops too, they didn't deserve that."

"I said I was sorry, I thought they were going to hurt you," Tommy said, wheeling to face Phil completely. The older man's features softened and grinned.

"I know, I'm okay Tommy. We should really get going though. I have a request Dream."

He nodded vigorously. Techno snorted and Wilbur elbowed him.

"We would like a small head start before you start hunting us down again. We'll stay away from your city, but don't say anything for the next hour or so. Please."

Dream surveyed this screwed up, broken family. The didn't deserve to be here, they had probably just fallen on hard times and were doing what it took to survive.

"Ok. One hour," he choked out. He couldn't believe he was doing this. Wilbur's face lit up like a Christmas tree and he kissed Dream on the cheek, giddiness coursing through him.

"Sorry, I know you said you had a boyfriend but I couldn't help myself. Thank you so much."

"You're welcome," Dream said in a daze, his fingers tracing to his cheek. His heart leaped a little, then he frowned. He liked George. Right? Oh he was going to be mad if he ever caught wind of this. Wilbur was grinning.

"Think about my offer," he said. Then, he took Phil's other outstretched hand and they leaped into the night. It was just Dream and Tommy now. The young boy shrugged off his outer shirt to reveal small colorful wings.

"Thanks for humoring Will, he's been lonely," Tommy said, heading to the window. "I think it would be worth dating him, he's not a bad person."

"I'll think about it," Dream said. Tonight was a weird night.

"Thank you. Also, I suggest ignoring tomorrow's news by the way. "

Dream opened his mouth to ask why but Tommy also leaped out the window and into the night, his wings catching the breeze and allowing him to drift to a nearby building with three other figures. They turned and disappeared into the darkness. Dream sank into his chair and groaned, this was going to be a lot of paperwork.

~~~

Well, things have taken quite the twist.  It's really early right now, I probably should be asleep but ehhhhh.  How are you guys enjoying this so far?  It's not my best work and I'll definitely edit it later, but I wouldn't say it's bad per say.  I hop you have a lovely day/night.

Word Count- 1035