Chapter 13- Nightmare's Debut

Dream was sitting in Eret's comfortable, high backed chair made of expensive brown leather.  He wore his new signature outfit and was looking straight at a camera Ponk was fiddling with.  The rest of the family plus Eret, Ponk, and Puffy stood behind said camera, watching him mess with the cloak and talking quietly among themselves.  They were in an office in one of Eret's many office building.  It was warm but formal, perfect for what they were about to do.  They didn't want to scare the people.  Too much.

"You ready?"

Dream stopped fiddling with his clothes and took a breath.  He nodded, spinning the chair so the back was to the camera.  Wilbur had written a general script just to outline the certain topics they wanted to address but Dream was allowed to add or ignore whatever he wanted.  He waited for his cue.  Upon hearing the gentle snap, he turned his chair and faced the camera.

"Hello L'Manburg citizens, my name is Nightmare," he said smoothly, his fingers laced together in typical villain fashion.  This was only their first take after all, he could do whatever he wanted. "If you didn't know already, I am the newest Sleepy Boy.  I am here to inform you about your leaders."

At Eret's encouraging nod, he continued.

"JSchlatt is a corrupt leader, there's no dancing around it.  He gets drunk every other night, sleeps with his colleagues, and allows crime to run rampant around his city.  He cares only for power, not for his people.  Illegal substances have become more and more common for his own twisted needs.

"Murder rates have soared.  Sexual abuse has soared.  However, your police only care to catch us, neglecting the actual criminals that we hunt down for them.  We have our criminal records, true, but we are doing everything in our power to keep this city functioning even if it is deemed illegal.  And before you accuse us of making this up, remember who we are keeping as our guest."

He paused for effect.  Tommy rolled his wrist with an annoyed expression, telling him to speed it up.  He took a quiet breath and pushed on.

"Recently, we broke my friend and brother Tubbo out of Pandora's Box.  On my way out, I managed to grab some files on what they did to him.  High class explosives and interrogation techniques were used, leaving physical and mental scars."

At this point, pictures of Tubbo would most likely be on the screen.  Dream's anger was simmering but he forced himself to stay level headed.  Revenge would come later.

"These sorts of punishments were reserved for the worst of the worst, and legal adults only. Tubbo is barely 17.

"This is one of many warnings to come.  This city is taking everything from all of us, so it's our turn to repay the favor.  And Schlatt,"  he paused again, wishing Schlatt could see his face, "be expecting us."

Ponk turned off the video and gave a thumb up.  Everyone clapped, looking impressed.

"That was perfect," Puffy said, a happy smile on her face.  "I would have been thoroughly warned."

"We should do a few more takes, just in case," Eret said as Ponk reset everything.  "Also, try different tones and inflections each time."

"Sounds good, maybe I'll try to speed things up this time," Dream said, taking a drink of water.  He pushed the glass to the side, fixed his mask, and prepared himself to do it again.  Then again.  And again.  They ended up doing at least twelve takes.  Dream messed up on a couple and had a few laughs, but otherwise he was serious.  One take he tried to be cocky, another hot- headed.  It was kind of fun, honestly.

"That should be good.  I'll edit things tonight and mask the location to the best of my abilities," Ponk said, packing up the camera.  The others were eating some sort of fancy chicken Eret had provided, talking joyfully and being all around excited.