Chapter 17- Second in Command

TW- panic attack and blood.  I'll put a warning before it, don't worry.

Phil yelled but the doors closed and the elevator shot down, sealing them inside. Phil hit his fist on the steel door, yelling for his friend. Techno put a hand on his shoulder, pulling him into a rare hug. The distraught father buried himself into Techno, clinging to him. Techno gave Wilbur and Nightmare a terrified look before awkwardly hugging him back. Nightmare felt like ice was stabbing his heart, if Techno was scared this wasn't good.

They reached the bottom floor and the doors opened with a once pleasant ding. Now it sounded foreboding and haunted. Wilbur, having taken Nightmare's hand, dragged him to the nearest car and forced him inside. He joined him, and Puffy stole shotgun. Their driver, a woman with wavy brown hair, friendly eyes, and a golden rose tattoo on her wrist, simply drove out of the garage and into the night.  She asked no questions and simply drove.

Far off sirens began to sound as they wove through back roads, making Wilbur squeeze Nightmare's hand tighter. Their driver, who's name was Hannah according to a little badge on her shirt, stayed completely calm and kept driving. The roads were empty and in the blink of an eye they were at another office building. Nightmare blinked, where had the drive gone?  The building was nondescript and simple, but something about it still felt wrong.  Hannah parked the car.

"We're here. Just go straight for the elevator and ignore anyone else. It should just be a receptionist and whoever it is was sworn to secrecy by Eret herself. Once you get to the elevator, go to the fifth floor, he'll be waiting for you there."

"Who is he," Wilbur asked in a hoarse voice. Hannah simply smiled and shrugged. Wilbur looked ready to commit more arson as Nightmare dragged him from the car and into the lobby.

"This place isn't as nice," Tommy said, he and Tubbo joining them on their trek to the elevator. "The floors aren't as shiny either."

"Eret is getting dragged into the police station in a forced coma as we speak, and you care about the floors," Puffy snarled. Tommy winced a little and looked away, making her sigh. "I'm sorry, I got carried away."

"Mhm," Tommy said quietly, hitting the up button. Puffy sighed again as the doors opened.

"Shouldn't we wait for the other three," Tubbo asked.

"We're here," Techno called. They turned to see him supporting Phil, an arm wrapped around his waist and holding him up. Ranboo trailed behind, looking awkward and out of place. Phil's eyes were bloodshot, his cheeks tear stained, and his entire demeanor was defeated. Techno gave them a "yes it looks bad deal with it," look before carrying the man into the box. The other silently followed. Nightmare hit the five, and the doors slid closed and the elevator rocketed up. They arrived at their floor, weary, defeated, and mentally drained.

As they trudged out of the elevator, there was a loud, deep gasp. Nightmare looked up to see a man in a plum suit with a black tie step from the shadows. He had curly black hair and a midnight purple eye. His other eye, and half of his face for that matter, was covered with a purple bunny mask. It made his eye white and covered his mouth. A small purple ear from the mask stuck out of the curly mass of raven locks.  The second he saw the weary group he froze, his mask widening into an "o" shape.

"He didn't," the man exclaimed, holding on to the back of his chair for dear life. His voice was deeper than Eret's and scratchier than Techno's.  It was the type of voice you'd expect from a villain. Dream had never heard anything like it, but he was too done to care anymore. Everyone exchanged looks at the new man's words, they seemed to be the slogan of the night.

"Eret's given himself up," Puffy said, her shoulders curling inward and her frame wilting. The man gave a low cry, shaking his head.

"That fucking idiot," he snarled. He looked up, his features softening as the gazed over the sorry group. "You guys look like shit, no offense. You're staying here tonight, we can discuss more tomorrow."