Chapter 4- A New Home

Dream tugged in his hoodie sleeve, glancing around suspiciously. He was currently loitering outside of a cafe across the street from the bank he had agreed to meet Wilbur at. He tugged his green hood closer over his face, unable to help a glare. Some rowdy teens passed him, talking excitedly about the Sleepy Boys and Christmas break.

"I've heard the Tommy one is only sixteen!"

"And he's hot too, according to literally everyone he's ever robbed," another chimed in, making Dream withhold a snort. Tommy was many things, but attractive was not one of them. He was barely paying attention to his surroundings when a sleek black sedan rolled up beside him.

"Try looking more suspicious, I don't think you can," an amused, young, British voice said, making his head snap up. Tommy was leaning out the window, a goofy smile plastered on his face.

"Will's driving, get in."

Dream nodded and pushed down his hood. He pulled the door open and swung himself into shotgun.

"Hey Dream," Wilbur said with an impish smile. "Do you mind waiting here for a little bit?"

"Not really. What're you guys going to be doing?"

"Oh nothing much," Techno said, twirling a small, red pocketknife over his fingers. "We're just running low on funds."

"You might want to wear this," Wilbur added, tossing Dream a white mask. On it was a smiley face drawn with a black marker. He raised his eyebrows as Wilbur pulled into the parking lot.  "I have a feeling someone might see you with us.  Don't worry though, we should be in and out in a few minutes. You might want to stay here though," Wilbur said as Dream went to open his door. "People can be messy sometimes."

Wilbur pulled on a red beanie and a yellow mask that covered his nose and mouth. Tommy pulled a red bandanna over the bottom half of his face as well. Techno, however, tied a terrifying boars mask over the top half of his face.  It complemented his tusks and ears, which terrified Dream even further.

"See you in a bit," Wilbur said, unlocking the doors. Dream's hand snapped out, grabbing Wilbur's arm as the other two slid out.

"Be careful," he said. Wilbur's gaze softened and he hugged Dream over the middle part of the car.

"I will, don't worry. We do this decently often."

He stepped out of the car, locking the doors behind him. Dream shakily pulled the mask over his face, surprised when his visibility heightened. He thought it would obstruct most of his vision, but if anything he could see further. He sat impatiently in the car, tapping his fingers against the armrest. His worry was skyrocketing, he never took risks like this, and he wasn't even the one taking the risk.

Ten minutes later and the Sleepy Boys re-emerged, sacks of valuables slung over their shoulders. There was no shouting, alarms, gunshots, anything.  Dream grinned behind the mask, they all looked unharmed.  They dropped their new things in the trunk and hopped back into the car.

"That was fun," Tommy remarked, buckling his seatbelt. "Hopefully Tubbo can come next time."

"It was fun until you nearly tripped that alarm," Techno said in annoyance, also putting his seatbelt on. He pulled the pig mask on and discarded it into a bag. His pink hair was tucked back into a braid, but that didn't subtract from the terror Dream felt whenever he looked at him.

"That wasn't me," Tommy snapped.  "Why doesn't Wilbur ever get blamed for anything

Wilbur pulled his mask down and absentmindedly kissed Dream on the cheek.

"I needed to blow off some steam," he said, his eyes glittering. Dream was blushing as he pulled the mask completely off.   Wilbur gunned it down the road, weaving dangerously between cars. He got honked at multiple times and responded by flipping the drivers off.