Chapter 12- A King, a Pirate, and a Family

It was HBomb again who opened the door to the limo.  Dream's first reaction was to pull his mask lower over his face, then take Will's hand.  His heart was beating rapidly, he had a horrible feeling tonight wasn't going to go well.  Wilbur gave him a trademark smirk, which was comforting underneath the swagger and heavy charm.

"It'll be fine, stop worrying over nothing.  Seriously."

Dream nodded hesitantly, then stepped out after Techno.  The lamplight illuminated the sidewalk that lead up to the building.  Dream suppressed a shiver, he wasn't ready for this.  However, Wilbur still had hold of his hand and was all but dragging him to the beautiful glass door.  Despite the time of night people were still streaming in and out.  However, upon seeing the Sleepy Boys, they stopped.  Some smiled uncertainly, others winced away.  It was a much different reception than the one before.  Dream couldn't help but feel a little more at ease, he never realized how much power he held over them.  He almost wished he wasn't wearing a mask so he could smile at them.

Tommy was soaking up the attention as they made their way through the lobby and to the elevators Dream had used a week or two ago.  He waved and grinned, even growling at a passerby or two.  Tubbo elbowed him, trying to get him to stop.  He was wearing heavy brown furs, like he was meant to be in the Alaskan wilderness, not an office building.  Dream was a little confused, but quickly realized it hid most of his scars.  

Techno walked regally, his head held high.  His dangerous crimson eyes swept over the people like they were nothing more than than small bugs.  His capeswished behind him and boots clacked against the cold tile floors.  Dream was a little envious, holding that sort of power over people was something he had wanted since he was younger.  

Wilbur still held Dream's hand, but glared at anyone who pointed or stared.  He otherwise would flash charming smiles, even winking at a few people.  He had warned Dream earlier about this, but Dream assured his it was fine.  Phil was the only one who walked normally, hitting the up button of the elevator.  HBomb trailed behind them, shooing people back to what they were doing.  When Phil hit the button, he hurried forward and swiped a white keycard to confirm them.  The elevator dinged pleasantly and the door slid open.  The family made their way inside, and Dream was more than a little relieved that they didn't have to cramp in.  HBomb didn't join them, he simply bid them a good night and allowed the door to slide closed.

Once they started their ascent Dream relaxed.  He hadn't even realized how tense he had been in the first place.

"I think people are more scared of Nightmare than Techno," Tommy said happily, smoothing down the edge of a bandage he had slapped across his nose.  Techno snorted a little, as did Dream

"Oh please, there's no way," he said, his voice thick with incredulity.

"They don't know what you're capable of," Tubbo hopped in, pulling his furs closer.  "Therefore, you're a threat.  They know Techno can kill, but you staying anonymous is shaking them up pretty badly."

"That's true, but I don't know if they're more scared of him," Techno said, his fingers drumming against his leg.  "No offense."

"None taken," Dream responded.  He had gotten used to Techno's stark remarks, they didn't bother him anymore.  Mostly.

The door slid open with another ding and they filed out.  In front of them was a large office with windows facing the city.  There was barely any wall.  Eret was already sitting at his large, winged back chair.  To his right was a man in a red suit and head wrap who was looking out the window.  He didn't even flinch when they stepped out the elevator.  Eret rose from her seat, a smile playing across her lips.  She wore a regal black suit with a blue, purple, and pink tie.  Upon they're head sat a golden crown.  It was similar to the outfit Dream had last seen her in, but it flattered her.