Chapter 8- One Final Visit

Dream leaped to the roof of a banking hub.  His new gloves, courtesy of Wilbur, gripped the roof and kept him from pitching forward.  Paired with the all black outfit and his usual mask, Dream felt like a wraith.  Wilbur dropped beside him, huffing a little.

"How the hell are we supposed to keep up with you?"

"Get good," Dream responded absentmindedly, his eyes locked on the apartment building across the street.  George and his apartment was on the third floor.  Dream knew he could get in via the window to their room, it was never locked.  He would get his stuff into a bag and get out before anyone knew he was there.  He wasn't in the mood to confront George, especially if Wilbur was going to be there.  He may look like Nightmare but the awkwardness might give him away.

"I would say teach us how to get good, but I am obviously the best one here," Techno stated,  stepping out of the shadows.  His signature red cloak billowed out behind him in the wind, his long braid whipping around.  However, underneath the cape he wore all black.  There was none of the royal garb on tonight.

"Mhm," Dream hummed, not taking his eyes off of his old home.  This was it, the final straw.  He was disappearing with the Sleepy Boys for good, no turning back.

"I'll be right outside if you need any help," Wilbur whispered.  Dream made to smile at him but remembered the mask.  Instead he nodded and stood straight up.  He jumped to the adjacent rooftop, then onto the fire escape, going through the motions he had practicing since high school.  Landing lightly, he shoved the window open just like he did only a week ago.  He slipped into his room, quiet as a shadow, and immediately began to pack.  He refused to let himself dwell on memories, only shoved clothes into his bag.  Phil promised they'd buy anything he couldn't fit.

When he had finished, Dream couldn't help one final glance around the room.  Random pictures and knick-knacks  littered the room, making Dream smile sadly.  He was about to head out when he heard voices.  Two.  He froze for a few moments, then snuck closer to the door.  He pressed his ear against it and listened.

"-miss him."

"You were going to break up with him anyway, what's the big deal?"

There was a loud bang, like someone had hit the table.  Dream would know, he was a competitive card player and would bang the table whenever something unwelcome or surprising would happen.

"The big deal is that he's been kidnapped Sapnap.  I never had anything against him, we just, weren't meant for each other.  And now he's gone and I don't know what I'm going to do."

Dream's heart shuddered at George's horrified, hopeless voice, then his brain processed what he had said.  He gulped a little, his heart stinging.  He never even considered breaking up with George until he had met Wilbur, but the way he said it made it sound like he had his mind made up for a while.  It shouldn't have hurt as much as it did.

"George," Sapnap responded in a gentle tone, "there's nothing we can do for him anymore.  You need to forget him.  I'll try my hardest to find him, but we have no clue where the Sleepy Boys operate from.  It would be better to let him go."

"You're right," George said after a few moments of silence.  "What would I do without you Sapnap?"

"Have less fun, that's for sure," the man said in a flirtatious tone.  There was a few seconds of silence broken only by George giggled breathlessly.

"Oh come on, not here!  The windows are open, people might see."

The door jiggled and Dream realized what was happening a moment before it happened.  The two men stumbled through, locked in a tight embrace as Dream stumbled backwards and onto the bed.  They broke apart, staring wide-eyed at Dream.  He gulped, this wasn't good.