Chapter 18- Night of Normalcy

After a solid hour's drive, they were back home.  Puffy had excused herself back to her ship, rambling on about incompetent crew.  Everyone knew that she needed time, just like the rest of them.  Wilbur lost his poise when they got back home, practically fainting into Dream's arms after Hannah dropped them off.  He had held strong for so long, Dream was shocked he was still functioning as well as he was.

"I'll get him to bed," Dream offered, dragging him towards the front door.  Techno and Tommy ran to help, and they got him inside.  Dream took him the rest of the way, dragging him to their room and pulling off the heavy trench coat.  He also tugged off his shoes and socks before tucking him in like a small kid.  

He changed as well before jumping in beside him and falling into a weary sleep.  The next night he woke up not nearly as refreshed as he would have hoped.  He stretched and groaned, surprised to find Wilbur not there.  He slowly woke himself up, shaking his head and splashing water on his face.

He stumbled sleepily into the living room to find everyone glued to the television.

"- known as the 'Bi King'.  Authorities are claiming he is to be shipped off to Pandora's box and put under maximum security immediately.  Interrogations proved to yield no results.  The Sleepy Boys, Captain Puffy, and Dream are still at large."

"Good evening to you too," Dream said, grabbing a mug of coffee.  He wasn't even spared a glance.  "Come on, would Eret want us to wallow in self pity or go out and do things."

"Like what, Dream?  The plan can't start for a while, Corpse needs resources."

"Well let's go have fun then," Dream prompted.  "Let's go show the world that we're still 'at large' as Nihachu says.  We can go do something for ourselves once in a while."

"Well what do you suggest we do," Tubbo said, turning off Nihachu and the news. Dream shrugged a little.

"I didn't have an exact idea, but anything's better than wallowing our lives away in this house.  Let's just do something exciting."

"Well, I want to go rob Schlatt then, that sounds like fun. I'll be back," Tommy said, stretching. "You coming Ranboo? Tubbo?"

Phil sputtered and choked as the three minors all nodded hurried out the front door without a moment of hesitation.

"WAIT!"

It was too late though, they had disappeared into the night. Techno laughed a little, assuring Phil they would be fine. Dream and Wilbur exchanged a look, tonight was either going to be really fun or really catastrophic.

"Do we wanna go burn something down," Wilbur asked under his breath, watching Techno try to sway Phil into a murder spree. "It's been a little while."

"It's been a week Wilbur, maybe two at the most."

"That's a long time to go without burning something."

"Okay but can we just make a fire pit and roast marshmallows?"

"We can roast marshmallows next to a burning building. Come on Dream, please?  For me?"

"Fine," Dream said through a groan, making Wilbur cheer and wrap his arms around Dream. He grunted a little but managed a weak smile. Tonight was going to be pure chaos.

~~~

"Told ya it would be fun," Wilbur said happily, pulling a flaming marshmallow out of their fire and blowing it out. Dream smirked and shook his head. They'd burned down yet another old apartment building, but this one was different. He hadn't told Wilbur, but this was his old place, before he moved in with George.