Chapter 6- Manhunt

Dream had his arms folded as he stood in front of the flaming warehouse.  Beneath his mask was a giant grin as he let his arms fall to his sides and linked hands with his boyfriend.  Wilbur wasn't wearing his mask as he turned to grin at Dream.

"You were right, fire's pretty," Dream remarked.  

"Something you will come to learn is that I am rarely right," Wilbur replied.  "But when it comes to arson, I cannot go wrong."

"Someones a little cocky," Dream joked, jabbing Wilbur in the ribs.  The man snorted and shoved back.  "Are we going to light anything else on fire?"

"Do you want to stop now?"

Dream thought for a moment.  The rush he felt at throwing that match was unrivaled by anything else in his dull life.  The way the fire reflected off of Wilbur's round glasses only made his look prettier.  The way the fire illuminated every detail of his face made Dream's heart leap every time he looked at him.

"Nope."

Wilbur laughed happily, pulling Dream closer to him.

"I was hoping you were going to say that.  Also, you don't have to use the mask when other people aren't around."

"I know, I'm just worried someone's going to recognize me.  The world doesn't know I'm with you."

"Understandable," Wilbur said after a few moments.  Then, he pushed Dream's mask to the side of his face.  "But I want to see you."

Dream blushed, looking at Wilbur's intense eyes.  Wilbur leaned in a little and Dream froze when their lips met.  He squeezed his eyes shut, his entire body exploding with fireworks.  He ever so gently kissed back and that was all the incentive Wilbur needed.  He draped his arms around Dream's shoulders and kissed him passionately.

Dream broke away first, gasping for air.  His body was flaming hot and sensitive.  This was new, bold, and absolutely beautiful.  This felt right and real, nothing like the throw-away pecks he and George had shared.  He had no idea he could feel this alive with anyone.  He leaned upwards and kissed Wilbur's nose, making the Brit giggle.

"You're so cute I swear.  If anyone hurts you I'll send Techno after them."

"That would be a terrifying sight to see," Dream said breathlessly.  He couldn't tear his eyes away from Wilbur, he captivated him.  He reconnected their lips again as softly as he could.  Wilbur responded quickly, pulling him closer.  They stayed this way for a few minutes before Dream heard it.  The loud sound of far-off sirens invaded his ears and he broke away.

"We've got to get out of here," Dream said in worry.  Wilbur nodded and threw a little more gasoline on the fire.  He quickly slipped into the shadows as their fire burned brighter, Dream right on his heels.  The heat of the flames licked up their backs, making Dream shiver slightly.  He replaced his mask and turned.

A few minutes later and the cars pulled up, sirens blaring.  From behind him Wilbur snorted.  He pressed himself against Dream,  an arm falling onto his shoulder.

"They think they're on to something," Dream murmured, giggling.  "They've been tracking the fires and deaths for a while now, trying to find a pattern."

"Did you help?"

Dream was silent, embarrassment flooding through him.

"Wait, did you lead the investigations," Wilbur asked in mock curiosity, tightening his grip.  "That's cute, but you were trying to hard.

"I figured that out a month into the investigations," Dream said softly.  "I never had the heart to tell the others though."  Wilbur laughed lowly in his ear, sending chills down his spine.  He was hiding in a back alley with his boyfriend, watching cops investigate a building they had burnt down.  This was the most dangerous thing he had ever done, but he wasn't scared.