Chapter 15- Ice Cream and Death

Tw- homophobia and slurs.  Sorry, I have to move the story along somehow and this was the only way I could think to do it.  I don't condone using any sort of this language and if any of you try to fight me on it I will make you wish you never opened your mouth (that's not a challenge though).  Be warned.

The ice cream was amazing.  It was exactly what Dream had been craving and he ate it with relish.  It was a cooler night and he tugged his borrowed red sweater from Techno closer.  That, paired with jeans, wasn't the warmest thing but it sufficed for now.  Wilbur joined him, a cone of chocolate clutched in his hand and a nervous look on his face.

"Eat and walk, the lady gave me a weird look."

Dream quickly obliged, standing from his table outside the small parlor that sat in the outskirts of the city.  They walked quickly down the street and turned down a sidewalk.  They walked down their street, eating the cold treat and talking happily.  Dream was starting to tire, he had been awake for what felt like forever.  Wilbur noticed and wrapped an arm around him, supporting him as they walked.  He was still warm and snugly, dressed in a black and white stripped shirt and black pants.  He wore a heavy black coat over it all and his round glasses.

"Thanks," Dream murmured, finishing off the cone of his ice cream.  Wilbur hummed softly, having already eaten all of his.  "So do you think Ranboo is going to stay with us?"

"I'm really not sure, I hope he can though," Wilbur said.  "He said he didn't have anywhere to go earlier, but then again we can never tell who's a spy or just not friendly towards us."

"I've noticed that," Dream said, eating the last bite of the flaky cone.  He kind of wanted to go back and get another.  Just the cone though.

"Yeah it hasn't been fun, but it's worth it."

"Yep, we're giving up trust from most of society to burn things to the ground and promote overthrowing the government.  That sound like a fair trade off."

Wilbur laughed loudly, making Dream laugh as well.

"That wasn't what I meant," Wilbur said sarcastically, pulling Dream into a full hug.  "I meant it was worth breaking the law to meet you."

Dream was shocked as his heart leaped.  He snorted and shook his head, trying to think coherently.

"You are so cheesy," Dream managed to get out, his face hot and bright red.  Wilbur giggled and put his hand under Dream's chin, making him look up.

"Maybe, but it works on you," he said in a low, soft voice.  Dream bit his lip (haha f-boy Dream)and shifted his eyes, not wanting to give in.  Wilbur leaned down and kissed him softly, tasting like chocolate.  Dream was expecting it but still jumped in surprise.  He quickly responded, the familiar fire feeling coursing through him- it never got old.

They stayed like this for a long time, feeling hidden away on a path through a wooded neighborhood.  The moon peeped through the leaves, casting them in a silver glow.  Dream smiled, he was absolutely delighted.  The world could have blown up and he would not have cared.

TW starts here

"Can you guys not," an obnoxious male voice snarled.  Wilbur broke away, frowning slightly.  A group of about five or so teens were making their way down the sidewalk.  Some were smoking, and all of them were visibly holding a knife or weapon.  Dream tensed as he scanned them over, they all perfectly matched Ranboo's descriptions.

The leader had greasy black hair and similarly black eyes.  He was holding a switchblade and eyeing the couple like they were meat.  The one to his right had blonde hair that reached the nape of his neck and misted eyes.  He looked like he was drunk and kept swaying into the leader.  The one on the leaders left had tall ginger hair, freckles, and hazel eyes.  He popped bubble gum and gave the boyfriends a confused look, he seemed a little tipsy as well.  The two hiding in the back were identical twins with black hair and vivid blue eyes.  One was holding a kitchen knife, the other a baseball bat.  It was the only blunt weapon among the bunch but it was covered in blood.