Chapter 23-

The guards made it to Dream's hiding place and he leaped out, tackling Bad first. Sapnap yelled but Corpse was there, hand over his mouth.  Dream wrestled with Bad before finally trapping him in a headlock.  He cut off his vocal cords and hit him over the head with the gun, knocking him out. He couldn't bring himself to kill his old friend yet.

He let go of Bad and straightened up, his eyes gleaming.  Sapnap yelled from behind Corpse's hand, looking murderous.  Corpse himself looked to Nightmare, raising a masked eyebrow.

"Well?"

"Not yet, I wanna talk to him first.  I want to see his reaction though, take away your hand."

Corpse's eyes flashed with understanding and he nodded.  He removed his gloved hand and Sapnap spat out a string of curses, making Nightmare giggle.

"Hello Sapnap, we meet again."

"Cut the villain shit, why are you here?  To kill Schlatt?"

"Yep," Nightmare said, spinning the gun over his finger.  Sapnap went pale and he wrestled against Corpse's hold.

"You wouldn't."

"Oh but I would.  And since you won't be around to see it, I've decided to leave you with a parting present."

Sapnap went even paler, every last drop of blood draining from his face.  Nightmare longed to see it spilled over the floor, painting the walls.  But he needed to talk to his old "friend" first.

"First of all, how's George holding up?"

Sapnap glared, shaking his head.  Dream slapped him, relishing the loud smack and Sapnap's whimper.

"Can't you see how powerless you are? You couldn't even figure out who I was," he said sarcastically, his voice rising. "You think you have had me trapped multiple times and I still manage to vanish without a trace unless I don't want to. Don't you see it? I'm PLAYING YOU! And there's nothing you can do to stop me! I am in control of this city even without even needing to be the 'president!' You are helpless against me and my friends."

Dream looked over the crowd, his grin becoming more and more apparent. He spotted Corpse, who waved madly. At his side was a young man with smooth black hair and a green sweater. He had his arm around Corpse and was smiling as well, a little shoot popping out of his hair. Corpse smiled at Wilbur and Dream before pulling the man closer. Dream giggled and pointed it out to Wilbur, who hummed and laughed as well. Corpse looked happy, and that was all he needed to see.