Chapter 11- That Old Cloak

When Dream woke up, Wilbur's arm was draped over his body like a weighted blanket.  He was little spoon.  Again.  Next time, he was big spoon whether Wilbur liked it or not.  If there was a next time.  He brushed away the thought, he would deal with it later.  Dream shifted a little, trying to wriggle away without waking Wilbur up.  Sadly, it was to no avail

"Oh you're finally awake!"

Dream grimaced, feeling bad.  Not only had he snuck into Wilbur's bed, now he had woken him up.

"Sorry," he said, his voice cracking from disuse.  Wilbur giggled a little and hugged him closer.

"If you're apologizing for the sleeping arrangements, don't.  Once I'm asleep, it's kind of hard to wake me up.  It's just falling asleep while in the same room as someone is the problem.  And going back to hard to wake me up thing, I was already awake when you moved.  I was worried about moving though, I don't know how heavy or light of a sleeper you are."

"Oh thank god," Dream said, sighing in relief.  "I was worried about overstepping but I was too tired to leave."

"Awww it's okay," Wilbur said sweetly, snuggling his face into Dream's back.  "I don't mind this.  If I'm already asleep, feel free to join me."

Dream was about to respond when someone quietly knocked on the door.  Wilbur sighed in disappointment.

"Come in."

Tubbo cracked the door, not looking.  His voice floated in though, clear as day.

"Phil says you have to get up, we have actual meetings to attend to."

Wilbur groaned, burrowing deeper into the bed and sheets.  Dream snorted sleepily.

"We'll be out soon, I promise."

Tubbo left the door cracked open but made his way back to the kitchen, his footsteps slowly fading.  Voices started up from the kitchen but Dream was too tired to make any of them out.  He stretched and groaned, pulling himself from Wilbur's grasp.  Wilbur whined and groped out for him, but Dream moved out of the way.  He opened a bleary eye and glared, making Dream giggle.

"You look a little pathetic, not gonna lie."

Wilbur growled defiantly and dove out from under the blanket cocoon, knocking Dream to the floor.  He fell with a thud, the wind knocked out of him.  Wilbur was on top of him, a goofy yet scary look in his eyes.  He snarled jokingly, making Dream wheeze with laughter.  He was still trying to get air to his lungs and Wilbur was not helping him whatsoever.

The door, without warning, swung open even wider.  There was a startled shriek followed by it swinging shut completely shut.

"I didn't see anything, not a single thing, I swear on my life," Tommy said hurriedly through the wood, sounding scandalized.  Dream groaned, his head falling back onto the ground.  Wilbur sighed in defeat and dropped on top of him completely, squishing him.  And air that managed to get to Dream's lungs was promptly squeezed out.

"-Will was on top of him, so I ran," Dream heard from outside.  The statement was followed by raucous laughter, making him blush brightly.

"How do we always end up in these situations," Wilbur asked defeatedly.  Dream grunted in response and Will rolled off of him with a quick "sorry!"

"Let's just go get breakfast," Dream conceded, rubbing his sore ribs,  Wilbur pulled him to his feet and sooner rather than later he was eating cereal in the kitchen.  Neither Tommy nor Tubbo would make eye contact and Techno was still absorbed in a book without a care in the world.  Wilbur finally broke the awkward silence.