Chapter 3- A New Recruit?

The next morning Dream walked up to the office, ignoring the news reporters and cameras. He tugged his collar up, more worried about hiding the hickies, George was going to pay for that later. He let himself in and hurried to office, pleased to find the broken shards of glass swept away. Dream was just about to start writing up everything when Sapnap flew in. He had a band aide on his head and a bit of cloudiness in his eyes but otherwise he seemed fine. Minus the panicked look.

"What now," Dream groaned. If Phil had broken his promise he wasn't going to be so lenient this time- Wilbur or not.

"They broke into the prison and got Tubbo out. Tommy left this."

He dropped a paper on Dreams desk, and he gasped out loud. It was one of the files that had fallen out of his case the day before, they must have picked it up on their way out.

It was a file on Tubbo, with things such as birth name, date, place, and so on. Written in it was "no surviving family." But underneath that, in an untidy scrawl, was written "we're his family now bitch." On one of the corners was a number, followed by "for Dream."

He put his head down on his desk and groaned, things had gotten ten times worse.

"Thank you," was written all over the paper in multiple spots, along with a blood stain. Dreams guess was Techno was behind the stain.

"Well, I'm going to be interrogated now," Dream said, his eyes closed.

"Yep."

"Don't tell George."

"No promises."

Dream's eyes popped open as he gave Sapnap an accusatory glare. The raven haired man just shrugged.

"You wouldn't.

Sapnap held up his phone, which was open to messages. Sure enough, he had told George everything, especially the number. Dream's phone began to buzz like an angry wasp, making him want to just cry.

"I hate you so much."

"Yep," Sapnap said. He walked away quickly, dipping and dodging through the people scurrying around. Dream watched him go, a pit of repulsion yawning open. He remembered the rush of being near the Sleepy Boys. He had felt more alive then than going home to his boyfriend. He missed it already.

"I can't believe I'm doing this," he said under his breath. He picked up his phone, ignored George's enraged messages, and dialed Wilbur's number.

"If you are another damn cop who isn't Dream dialing this out of curiosity please hang the hell up," an annoyed British voice snapped through the speaker. Dream couldn't help but wheeze out a laugh, leaning back in his chair.

"Good morning to you too," he replied, fiddling with a pen. There was a happy gasp.

"Dream! My goodness that was quick, good morning," he said, his tone changing immediately. In the background there was a loud laugh. "How are you doing?"

"Not too good. Thanks for putting my name on that paper by the way, I'm definitely getting dragged into interrogations for that one now."

"Oh I'm sorry, I wasn't thinking," Wilbur said, sounding worried.

"So how was getting Tubbo?"

"Really fun actually, that poor boy was starting to get used to prison life, I'm glad we got him out of there while we still could. Him and Tommy are still asleep, they're adorable."

"Are they together?"

"Oh hell no, Tommy's straight as a line. They're just really close, especially considering the lack of family."

"Oh sorry."

"Nah you're all good. So did you end up seeing your boyfriend."

"Yeah, but I missed you more." The words were out of his mouth before he could stop them, making his cheeks flush bright red. Even though Wilbur couldn't see him he buried his face in his arms. On the other line there was silence, worrying Dream.

"Are you still there," he stammered out. Had he gone to far?

"Hey this is Techno, I think you accidentally killed Wilbur." The voice was so monotone Dream couldn't tell if he was being serious or not.

"Oh god I'm sorry," Dream said, gritting his teeth.

"Heh?? Oh don't apologize, he's currently cuddling his pillow and glaring at me. I need this for blackmail later."

Dream laughed, he could practically see it.

"He had to mute himself so he could joyfully scream and drop onto the bed, and he woke Tubbo and Tommy up."

"Shut up Techno," a faint voice yelled. There was a grunt and Wilbur was back.

"Sorry about him, his people skills are a little lacking."

"No it's fine. I've got a question."

"Shoot."

"Will I ever see you again?" Dream couldn't help himself, he was a naturally clingy person. He missed Wilbur more than he had ever missed George, or Fundy, or anyone he had ever dated. Even if they weren't dating, he missed Wilbur's crazy smile and chocolate eyes.

"Awwwwwww, you're so sweet," Wilbur squealed, making Dream roll his eyes. "We can come pick you up from the bank that's a few miles outside of the city. Do you know the one?"

"Yep. Why were you going there?"

"No reason," Wilbur said slyly. The words made Dream smile and shiver a little, they were exciting.

"I'll see you there...?"

"Around 1ish."

"I'll see if I can get away from this madness by then."

"Alright, love ya!"

"Love you too."

Wilbur hung up and Dream set down his phone with a huge grin painted across his face.

~~~

Hehehehehehehehehehehehe why does this story make me so happy?  Hmmmmmmm, maybe I just need to talk to people more.  But that would fuel my social anxiety, so I'll pass.  

Word Count-895