Chapter 7- DreamWasTaken (by the Sleepy Boys)

Dream shoved a bite of pancake into his mouth, his eyes glued to the tv.  It was 7:00 pm, but they ate breakfast anyway. Dream wasn't complaining though, breakfast was his favorite meal.  They were playing commercials now, but any second the news anchor would come on with the next breaking news.  Hopefully, it would be about "Nightmare."  Dream was a little nervous to see himself on the news but at the same time he was oddly ecstatic.

The commercial ended and the news anchor, Nihachu, came on with a smile.  She ran through different reports, then eventually got to the topic Dream had been waiting for.

"The Sleepy Boy crisis has reached new heights.  Reports of a new member under the name 'Nightmare' are flooding in.  Here with us tonight is the officer who saw it all go down.  Punz, what information do you have on the 'Nightmare'?"

Punz, who was seated across from the anchor, gave her a weary smile.  He had a bandage on his nose, which was swollen and bruised.

"Well, I've never met anyone like him.  First he ambushed me in the alley he led me down, then led me on a wild goose chase over rooftops.  To escape he jumped off of a roof.  He is dangerous, slippery, and not to be trusted under any circumstance."

"Could he be in league with the Sleepy Boys?"

"Absolutely.  We found him and Wilbur Soot standing in front of a burning building.  If they aren't in league with each other they at least share a mutual interest."

"Well thank you Punz.  Here we have a police sketch of what the suspect looks like."  A rough sketch of Dream and his mask appeared on the screen.  His hair was a little shorter and his body slightly skinnier, but otherwise it was deadly accurate.  "He is not to be approached, and you can call the hotline on the screen if you spot him."

"They're treating me like a wild animal, I'm flattered," Dream said sarcastically, spearing another pancake.  The Sleepy Boys laughed.  Even Techno gave a snort from behind the book he was reading.  "'Do not approach'  Honestly how does anyone keep a straight face?"

However, Nihachu wasn't finished.

"We have more news regarding the Sleepy Boys," she said, looking directly at the camera.  "It appears we have a missing persons case linked directly to the city's most infamous criminals.  Dream Taken, a well known cop at the station where the Sleepy Boys have most recently escaped from, has gone missing."

A picture of Dream and George popped up on the screen as Nihachu continued talking.  It had been taken during their first date, a picnic on a lakeside.  Dream had his arm wrapped around George's shoulder and was laughing at a stupid joke he had made.  George had been laughing as well as he had taken the picture.

"It was confirmed by an anonymous source that on a piece of paper found at the scene of Tubbo's escape was a number written for Dream.  Upon calling it, the source claims to have been told off the elusive arsonist Wilbur Soot.  It was reported that upon receiving this paper, Dream was seen calling the number.  He appeared distressed and left his office in a hurry shortly afterwards.

"A few hours later he was spotted again for a final time outside a cafe, getting into a car containing Tommyinnit and two others.  The bank across the street was shortly thereafter robbed."

Dream sat in his chair, his fork falling to his plate with a clatter.  He was completely frozen, his eyes glued to the screen as more pictures scrolled by.

"It is believed he was kidnapped and is now being held captive by the Sleepy Boys.  If anyone has any information on Dream, his friends are desperate for news.  Call the number below."