027. the marauders map

S O R R Y

xxvii||the marauders map

The weeks that followed after their moment shared on the astronomy tower were confusing yet incredible. Sneaking around, meeting in broom cupboards and round hidden corners of the castle, midnight trips to the kitchens and the black lake. Maria has to admit that she was happy, that is until the most recent daily prophet update she got had mentioned a death eater riot in a busy muggle street, fifteen muggles dead and twenty injured by blasts and explosions from the death eater's. Maria slaps the paper onto the table in the library and Regulus looks up from his book, raising an eyebrow but his eyes flash with realisation when he reads the headline of the newspaper.

"Hey." Regulus whispers, his hand going under the table and gently squeezing hers before resting on her bare knee softly. "You'll be okay."

"I'm worried about Danielle—and Clary." Maria whispers softly to him, her hair falling like a curtain over the side of her face, blocking her from everyone else's view. "And you."

Regulus smiles softly at her, giving her knee a soft squeeze and her lips twitch slightly at the irony of their situation.
"You know, before I came back to Hogwarts, my dad said to stay away from Slytherins." Maria mumbles and the corner of Regulus' lips twitch cheekily.

"And you didn't listen. . .for little old me? I'm shocked!" Regulus whispers in mock surprise, placing his free hand over his chest.

"Mhm." Maria hums, playing with his ring and Regulus smirks slightly.

"Good girl." He gently grabs her chin and tilts her head up, letting him lean down and capture her lips with his. Maria smiles against his lips, one of her hands coming to rest on his jawline, tracing her fingers delicately down the sharp edge—

"Ahem." Someone clears their throat and the duo jump apart, only to see Alyssa and Stanley stood, Alyssa looking pleased with herself as Stan grumbles and reaches into his pocket, placing a couple of sickles into Alyssa's palm, Regulus and Maria watching the transaction in disbelief.

"Were you betting on us?" Regulus asks in bewilderment as the two blondes pull up chairs and sit down with the supposedly secret couple.

"Yes." Alyssa chimes with zero shame and Maria lets out a breathe laugh, her lips parted slightly.
She'd never actually been friends with a Slytherin, accept in her third year when she befriended Katie Nott who ended up making up a rumour about Maria and Remus apparently 'snogging', so Maria had stopped talking to her.

"Hey, have you done the astronomy homework?" Stan asks Regulus who shakes his head.

"Nope, Ria has though." Regulus says suggestively and Maria looks at him sceptically before nodding at Stan. She goes on to help Stan and Alyssa, as well as a smug looking Regulus, with the homework. Learning that the blonde haired duo are actually quite friendly and extremely funny, the two having a certain banter that is hilarious to anyone who witnesses it.