Passing tricks (2)

Hey. So I read again the first chapter I did about passing and thought that all the tips I gived were pretty obvious (like binding and all). So here I come to give you some others I experienced.

(PS : don't search any sense in the gif, there isn't)

1 - teen mustache

The goal here is not to draw yourself a *true* mustache, but more like that early mustache teens (cis guy) have (sometimes, let's not forget our beardless brothers).

Depending of your hair color, you'll choose the color that suit you the best. Using a eyebrow pencil , you'll draw at the location of the mustache a few light lines (that or tap the pencil in order to make a few discret points). Then , use your fingers to spread out the lines and make them less visible. The result should look like your mustache area is a darker than the rest of your skin. This is discret, but it can make a great difference . (You'll look less like a 12 years old boy)

2- Fill your eyebrows

With the same eyebrow pencil, you can fill your eyebrow. I read a lot of stuff saying it's feminine and it is obsviously makeup, but trying it on myself, I'd say it made my face à lot more masculine. It probably depend of people and how you applie it. Personnaly, I never really touched makeup before, so I applied it like "it should be on my eyebrow, that's it?". Ho, and make sure you pick a good color, I ended up with red eyebrow the first time.

3- Pick your clothes and accessories safely 

*Put on several layers of clothing in order to give the illusion of a more "masculine" build. What works for me is putting a hoodie first, then a flannel/ shirt/ chemise (?) (don't know the exact word sorry). 

*if it's hot outside (and don't want to wear a hoodie ), band shirts are the best. Some nirvana shirt , a lot of metal or punk band that seems tought. (however, I'd reccomend to not put on group t-shirt that you don't like or don't know. Don't deny your own tastes for that and try to pass with what you love . Important : try as much as possible to not take them in the girl/ women section : They always do that messed up things at the hips level).

*Black hide curves. This is better if you don't put only black clothes, to make a contrast between your pants and shirt. That's why I recommend wearing black pants, this is usually very useful to mask hips and all.

* compensated converses: If you have weight dysphoria/want to pass better, this is some thing you could use: You'll take some inches and so will appear taller. Plus, (to me) it makes my legs seems longer and thinner.

*If you want to wear necklace, avoid wearing one that is going down on your chest. This may revelate your breasts, wich would not be fun. But maybe try to avoid necklace that are directly on your neck: They may seems too feminine. Stick with necklace that stops before your chest area.

*if you want to put rings, pay attention at what kind you are wearing: Colored one, with heart, flowers or diamond can easily be read as femme. Of course, you should be able to wear anything you love. but for a better passing, I'll recommend to stick with metal rings. Simple or with patterns such as snakes, skulls...

4- Do your hair

Depending of the lenght of your hair, their density and everything, you will have to style them differently. 

For guys with long hair

*Usually, this is masculine to tie them in a "man bun" if they are really long. With this tip of haircut, you'll probably have to insist on the masculine detail of your apparence, but this doesn't mean this is impossible to pass with long hair.

*For guys who have hair at their shoulders level, the man bun option is a good one, but you could also try to style them in a "savage" way. Don't brush them too often, let them be free: This will appear like a skater boy that just doesn't have time for a hair cut.

*If you are not authorized to cut your hair, I may have a tip to feel better:  You could ask to shave the sides and behind of your hair while keeping the whole lenght. So when you'll tie them, your hair will only be on the top of your head and on a bun, leaving your temples and neck shaved, and when with your parents, just avoid tying your hair.

* Finally, you can try to curl them. Not only will they seems shorter, but they'll also look a lot less taken care off, wich can be a good thing when trying to pass as male.

*Just, you could do dreadlocks, but I think I said it in a previous chapter.

For guys with short hair

* Avoid the "emo hair" , wich means hair covering half of your face. It even makes cis emo guys look feminine (in my point of view). Don't let to many hair on your face: You can still have some on your face (for the style) but it may help you passing if at least one of your eyebrow is visible : If they have been done, they can masculinise your face a lot.

*You can try to style them back with gel. This is usually masculine, since girls wth short hair tends to cover their face a little with hair.

*In fact, don't worry too much: I don't say that all guys are lazy and all, but this is the perfect "teenage guy stereotype". "Guys don't spend a lot of time on their look".

*You could dye them, but you'll usually pass better with darker color. Or a pure lack of color, like white. I'll recommenc color such as green, red, white.

*Search for male hair style on internet on follow a model (it is better if he have the same kind of face you have like round, triangle...)

Some things that always work

Definitly, a cool hoodie is the best piece of clothing ever. You can hide in it, it is warm and comfortable, this is all I ask for personnaly.

Shoes such as converse, vans, sport shoes, maybe doc marteens.

Messy hair. Short, long doesn't matter, just messy hair.

male perfum can influence people on their way to gender you. They'll associate male perfum to a guy.

Just observe other guys: How they dress, how they style their hair.. Taking a model could be useful if you are totally lost.

So that's all I can think of. I hope this is useful.

Take care of you