Gender non comformity and transidentity

Hello.

So I wanted to talk about being a trans guy (or NB or trans girl, I just don't have experience on these) and being gender non comforming (gnc), feminine or somehting.

It can be difficult to express your taste in clothes, haircuts and all if in order to be taken seriously, you've got to conform to the gender roles of your gender. For exemple, if a trans guy decide to grow his hair, he would probably be judged and asked if he is going back to being a girl.

Maybe you are repressing or hiding some things you like or would like to do or wear, just to pass.

So I thought maybe I could give you some little things to express yourself while still passing, because it's cool.

* First of all, try to avoid going on *full GNC* right away. If you are not on T or something it could be a bad idea. Try to do it by subtles touches.

* Pick traditionnaly masculine/androgynous accessories, such as a backpack (I know backpack is not typicallt masculine but it is usually what guys have), in the color pink.  Or with glitter or anything really, just customized or in a color society could judge feminine. You can also do this with a hoodie or even shoes.

*When doing makeup, do two makeup: One you want (maybe start discret such as eyeshadow/eyeliner or something, and another one that masculinize your face. At the end of the chapter I'll share a video explainning how to do that.

*If you do makeup, do what you want, I'm not here to restrict you, put most of the time, it's better to avoid lipstick. More and more guys do makeup, but lipstick is still something they don't do so much. Try to avoid it.

*When wearing what you want, try to bind and pack if you can. If people are confused about your gender, they'll look around your chest area and your bottom area. I've seen old people looking at me like that, it's quite annoying.

*If you want long hair, try to understand how guys could style it, even if it is to be gnc. You could pass with what I call "savage hair", a little mess of hair so, or hair in a man bun or a ponytail. Just try to avoid the "cascade hair" that is all well brushed and on the shoulders. You can also go for metal hair if you know what I mean. Sometimes, a cap or a beanie can help you pass with long hair, and you don't even have to hide them in it.

*You can make a contrast: For exemple, the more masculine pants, your bigger shoes and all, and a shirt with a unicorn.

* Earrings are great, but be careful: Some may feminize your face: Avoid the big circles one (sorry don't know the exact name) and maybe the one that are too important or too jewerly. Or if you really want them, put your best effort on the rest to pass, or only wear one.

* If you want to put on a skirt or a dress, first of all, you are brave man. Secondly, do not shave: Sometimes people refer to pilosity to know the gender of a person. Bind and pakc if you can, and maybe put on a vest that make your shoulders widder and if you wear a skirt, a shirt that is masculine could help.

* dye your hair of an unusual color. You can go for pink or purple if you are very bold, or blue green or red. These color are easier because it's not unusual on cis guys, it's kinda punk. Anyway, if you choose pink or purple, your eyebrow will play an important role. Don't forget to thicken them with a eyebrow pencil and to brush them. In fact, concentrate on face makeup masculinizing.

* You can add very subtles touches such as barettes in your hair, nailpolish (that work better on short nails, and even better in black or white. You can also only paint a few an let the other at natural).

Anyway, these are just advices. Dress how you want, life is too short to care about this anyway.  

Take care of you.

Ho, and for the makeup that can help masculinize your face, you can go see what bukkit brown do on youtube. It's a lot of cosplay and I'm not so into cosplay or makeup myself, but it can really help, they are good with makeup and you can learn some tricks with that. Also, if you like anime and makeup you could discover somehting interesting.

Alsooo

Remember there's nothing wrong with being gnc, I mean, tons of icons are, such as Harry styles, Ezra Miller, or my ultimate transition goal, Sal Fisher from Sally Face (don't judge me I know it is kind of old but I keep it in my heart).

(I mean, as a kid he's got piggytail and I just think he's neat.)