The Vipers Venom

Team 7 were all sitting around and relaxing in their makeshift base, while simultaneously trying to come up with a way to safely and quickly capture the other scroll they needed. After about an hour of discussing and debating about to do, they finally settled on the idea of heading to the tower, and intercepting one of the other teams that was heading there complete the second stage.

   As they were getting ready to leave however, one of Naruto's sentry clones dispelled. Alerting Naruto that someone was coming, and they were very dangerous. His clone had detected that whoever it was had a powerful and an incredible amount of chakra. The figure was also closing in on them fast, which made thier options rather slim. They could try and hide, but with the amount of time that had, Naruto doubted that they could find some decent hiding spots in time. They could also try and run, but again Naruto didn't think that would work. Sure he and maybe Sasuke could maybe outrun the threat, but there was no way that Sakura could. So that really left only one option. Stay and fight.

   Quickly filling his team in on what his clone had discovered, they prepared themselves for what was to come. And not a moment to soon, as they were nearly blown off of their feet by an incredibly powerful gust of wind, but they managed to hold on by using the tree walking technique. Naruto recognized the technique that nearly blew them over as the great breakthrough that he used, except thos one was way more powerful and refined than his. Meaning that whoever had used it was indeed very powerful and skilled.

   Once the wind had finished blowing, Team 7 was left standing face to face with their adversary. Who they saw surprised them, as it appeared to be a single Kusa kunoichi. 'Was that one jutsu from her alone? How is she this powerful?' Sasuke asked himself as he withdrew a kunai from his pouch. 'There's no way she is that powerful. She's no ordinary genin. There has to be a trick. Maybe a disguise or a transformation.' Naruto thought to himself as he activated his advanced senses, and studied their foe. 'What do you think Kurama?' Naruto asked his longtime friend. 'I dont think it's possible that this is an average Genin. They're way too powerful. What ever disguise or jutsu they are using to hide themself is very good. I can't detect or see anything through it. However I can't shake the feeling that I've felt this type of chakra somewhere before.' Kurama answered back as he continued to search for clues about their adversary.

   "I'm quite impressed that you managed to stay upright. I can tell that you three aren't the average run of the mill Genin. How very fortunate, I was growing tired of battled unworthy opponents. Maybe you three can give me some real entertainment." The kunoichi said before rushing at Team 7. Who were just barely able to react in time as they all substituted with a log, leaving the Kusa kunoichi surrounded by three legs. Which quickly began to sizzle, letting her know that there were paper bombs attacked to the logs. "Childs play," the kunoichi said as she also substituted with a log. Only to have to quickly leap out of the way as a couple dozen shuriken came hurtling at her. It was at this time that the paper bomb covered logs exploded, which shook the tree that they were under, which in turn dislodged some kunai from a branch above that starting rain down on the kusa kunoichi. Which she was able to easily avoid with some quick and agile serpentine-like movements. Before she could try and relocate her foes however she had to once again go on the defensive, as some of the previously discarded shuriken and kunai transformed back into Naruto's clones. Which the Kunoichi was able to dispatch of quite easily.

   "Enough of the parlor tricks, I was aware of all your traps before I even got here. Any normal Genin would have easily been caught in that. But I'm better than that, now come out here and entertain me." The Kusa Kunoichi said before throwing a kunai into some nearby bushes, which resulted in Sasuke having to jump out of them to avoid the kunai. After that the kunoichi destroyed a nearby tree with a powerful kick, which forced Sakura to leap away from her hiding spot behind it as she landed next to Sasuke. Before the kunoichi could continue, she was sent careening into a large tree, that nearly toppled over from the collision, as Naruto in his chakra cloak had knocked her away from his two teammates.