Team Placements

After all of the excitement from the duos confrontation with the traitor Mizuki finally calmed down. It finally became time for the graduates to find out their team placements. Which just so happened to be extended by a couple of extra days, because of Mizuki's actions, or rather because of all the extra paperwork it brought to the elder Hokage. "Damn that Mizuki, I should just let him rot in that cell for the rest of his days, for doing this to me." Hiruzen thought bitterly as he took a nice long drag from his pipe.

   Back at the academy, all of the recent graduates were starting to show up, and soon everyone was accounted for. All the former students decided to pass the time by engaging in conversation. Asking about how their breaks had been, or how they were. Had they been training, and who did they think they would be on teams with. That is until the self-proclaimed gossip queen of Konoha decided to speak up about the topic that most everybody had heard about and was dieing to know about.
"Did you two really take on Mizuki sensei and win?" She shrieked over the chorus of the classroom to make sure she was heard. Upon hearing this declaration almost every head shot and spun in their direction. And then chaos broke out as almost every person in the room all bolted across the room in an attempt to talk to Sasuke and ask him questions. Naruto would have been upset that they were ignoring him, if not for the fact that it was Sasuke afterall. And he was looking very uncomfortable with the whole situation. Naruto of course wasn't alone, as there were a few people who decided not to get trampled in an attempt to talk to said Uchiha.

   First there was Shikamaru who was sleeping and probably wouldn't even bother with something so troublesome. Then there was Sakura, who despite being one of the Uchihas biggest fangirls was smart enough to realize that she would just be wasting energy if she tried to talk to Sasuke at the moment. And lastly was Hinata, who wasn't that interested in Sasuke, but was determined to make some sort of conversation with her long time crush. But right at soon as she had gotten the courage to go and talk to him, the classroom door slammed open, and in walked Iruka. Who instantly noticed the complete anarchy that was his classroom, but one use of his patented big head jutsu. And everyone had settled down and was right back into their seats.

   After a short and most likely inspiring, (Naruto hoped it was anyway, he wasn't really paying attention), speech by Iruka. He began to list off the teams and its members. Until he got to the ones that the author cares about. "Team 7 will be made up by Sasuke Uchiha", who just gave a nonchalant shrug. "Naruto Uzumaki", who gave a loud whoop upon finding out he would be teamed up with his best friend. "And Sakura Haruno", who actually broke the glass in the windows with how loud she screamed when she was partnered with her long time crush. Iruka looked at her in exasperation, before reading off the next teams. Next team 8, who will be comprised of "Shino Aburame, Kiba Inuzuka, and Hinata Hyuuga." Who perked up a little bit, but soon returned to her depressed state she entered when she heard she wouldn't be on the same team as Naruto. By the time Iruka announced Team 10, which was just the Ino-Shika-Cho formation again like no-one would have guessed that, a small raincloud had formed over her.

   After he finished announcing the teams, he told them who their Jonin sensei's were, and that they would be there shortly to pick them up. Upon hearing who their sensei was both Sasuke and Naruto audibly groaned, and facepalmed, confusing Sakura. "What's wrong with having Kakashi as our sensei? I heard he's a strong shinobi." Naruto and Sasuke shared a look before Naruto answered. "He's strong yes, but he's always late for everything." "I'm sure that's a bit of an exaggeration." Sakura replied, not quite believing the two. "Trust me Sakura it's not." Sasuke spoke up this time. "I'm sure he'd be late to his own funeral if he could figure out a way to make it work." He said as his head smacked against his desk in frustration. Another smack a few seconds later told Sakura that Naruto had decided to copy Sasuke as his head also hit his desk, though much louder than Sasuke's had. Loud enough in fact that it had woken up Shikamaru who had awoken just in time to see his Sensei Asuma Sarutobi come and pick him and his teammates up.

   Thirty minutes later and Team 7 was the only team whose Jonin hadn't picked them up yet. Two hours after that, and they had given up hope. As Naruto and Sasuke had decided to play a one sided game of shogi. While Sakura alternated between watching them, and reading a book she had brought. It was this scene that Kakashi walked into. Taking the Jonin by surprise. As he thought that they would be all wound up, and ready to get out of the academy room. "My first impression of you three is that.....you're boring." Kakashi said as he made himself known. This caused both Naruto and Sakura to look up at him and in unison yell at him that he was late. Whereas Sasuke decided he would win the game and take Naruto's last piece. Much to the anger of said Uzumaki. "Their might be hope yet." Kakashi thought to himself. "Meet me on the roof in ten minutes." He told his team before he disappeared in a swirl of leaves. After about ten seconds of them packing up their stuff they were gone, as Sasuke and Naruto lept out of the window and decided to just climb up the side of the building. Sakura was left in the middle of the classroom, staring at the spot where her teammates had left in exasperation. "Show offs." She mumbled under her breath as she headed for the stairs.