Naruto versus Shino

'Well it looks like my cousin is truly special indeed. To think you would have mastered both the Sharingan and Byakugan to such an extent. Truly remarkable indeed.' The mysterious figure thought to himself as he sealed away his mini telescope. 'Well that was a nice and much needed break, now it's time to get back to the reason I came back to this village. It's time to resume and finish Operation Uproot.' The figure said as he disappeared using a body flicker.

   Meanwhile down in the arena the proctor had called Naruto and Shino down to the field to begin their match. Shino and Naruto gave each other a nod in acknowledgment, as the proctor began the match. Shino started off by sending a huge swarm of his insects towards Naruto, who started the match off on defense as he tried to keep his distance from the bugs. They were persistent though, and they stayed right on his tail no matter what he tried. Naruto then decided that a good offense would be a great defense right now as he weaved the hand signs for Wind Style: Great Breakthrough. Which succeeded in dispersing the bugs, and allowing Naruto to hone in on his opponent as the two engaged in taijutsu. Naruto was using his enhanced senses to get the advantage over Shino. Using his enhanced eye sight and hearing to, for the majority of the exchange, to get the better of Shino. After a few seconds of the back and forth Naruto had to retreat as Shino's bugs had once again began to swarm him. As Naruto repeated the process to get rid of the insects, this time putting a little more chakra into his jutsu, blasting the insects farther away.

   Naruto then went back on the attack against Shino. But he was prepared this time. Naruto's enhanced senses were rendered useless against Shino as he was using his bugs to disrupt Naruto's senses. As he had a swarm of his insects flying around the two, with the constant buzzing making it difficult for Naruto to hear. As well as the constant motion of insects flying around made it difficult for Naruto to concentrate on his opponent. This allowed Shino to take control of their exchange, as he was able to start getting some hits in on Naruto, who had no choice but to stop using his senses as they were starting to work against him. But this just ment that Shino had the upper hand on Naruto even more.

    "That's Shino for you." Kurenai said as she grabbed the attention of everyone around her. "He spent the entire month strategizing and planning on how to win this fight. He spent countless hours breeding his insects. Trying to find the right genetics, to improve his insects to be able to win this fight for him. This is Shino at his best. He might not be able to analyze and plan on the spot like Shikamaru, but give him ample planning time, and there's not many that can beat him." She finished explaining with pride evident in her eyes, as everyone turned their attention back to the match.

   Naruto could feel his chakra getting drained, as the endless amount of insects flying around him were eating away at his chakra. He knew he had a massive amount of chakra even without Kurama's added to the mix. So the fact that he could already feel his chakra depleting was worrisome. Acting quick he went through the hand signs for a new jutsu he had learned. Futon: Kyōfūshōgekiha Naruto exclaimed as he created a giant shockwave of air that sent Shino and all of his bugs flying. 'To think your chakra control would come this far, hard to beleive you couldn't walk up a tree three years ago. Now here you are handling high level ninjutsu easier than you handle some pesky feline. You've grown tremendously over the last few years, and I'm glad that I got to be a part of that.'Kurama thought to himself as he watched the battle unfold from inside of Naruto.

   After he sent Shino flying he made a group of clones to go and attack Shino. But one by one as soon as they attacked him they dispersed into clouds of smoke and disappeared. Not believing what he was seeing Naruto repeated the process several more times, each time getting the same result. His clones would attack Shino then disappear. Naruto couldn't figure out why, even when he had his enhanced senses activated. Naruto once again summoned a group of clones to attack, but he lept in with then this time. Just like before all of his clones disappeared after hitting Shino once. But Naruto wasnt a clone so he was able to hit Shino a handful of times, but he felt as though he was getting weaker after each hit. Which allowed Shino to hit Naruto with a viscious uppercut, sending the Jinchuriki flying back. Not letting up for a second Shino summoned a huge group of his insects and had them attack Naruto as he called out Insect Bomb jutsu. Commanding the insects to swarm Naruto, who after a few seconds blew up. Leaving nothing but a small crater and a bunch of dead insects. Seconds Naruto could be heard exclaiming shuriken everywhere as a massive bombardment of shuriken made their way toward Shino. They didn't get very far however as Shino had his bugs shield him and deflect the shuriken. Shino would then look to find Naruto but not find him anywhere in sight, Shino would then send out a swarm of his bugs to patrol the area for him.