Timeskip and Recap Part 2

It's been about 4 years since we've last checked in on Naruto and Kurama. A lot has changed in those few short years, as Naruto is in his final year of the academy. Kurama was still doing his best to tutor Naruto on the ways of the shinobi. He was able to spend most of his time and energy on Naruto's training now. Ever since Naruto's fourth year at the academy, he had been doing a whole lot better academically. Kurama knew this was because of the fact that Naruto had gotten a new instructor by the name Iruka Umino. And to Kurama's great delight it seemed that he had no Ill will, or hatred toward him or Naruto, or if he did he had long since relinquished it. He treated Naruto just like any other academy student. He was hard on Naruto at times, sometimes even more so than the other students, which greatly discouraged Naruto. But Kurama explained to him that that just ment that Iruka cared about him, and only wanted to see Naruto succeed. After hearing this Naruto became even more dedicated to his studies, desperately trying to prove himself to his new instructor. Not wanting to let him down, not wanting to disappoint, one of the few people that saw him for who he was, and not what he contained.

   During the next few years at the academy, Naruto and Iruka had gotten closer and closer, and began to respect each other more. As they began to form a special kind of bond that went farther than just teacher and student, and slowly turned into that of friendship, and then into something similar to father and son. As Iruka would spend extra time with Naruto, helping him with his lessons, or helping him with his training, or even taking him to Ichiraku's to eat ramen. As the two spent more time together, Iruka began to view Naruto in a different light. He was skeptical at first at what the Hokage had told him, but after seeing it with his own eyes he was now a firm believer.

   Naruto wasn't some demon, or monster like everyone, including him for a time, believed. He was just a lost, confused, and misunderstood orphan. Like he himself had been not too long ago. He saw a lot of himself in Naruto. The way they both worked hard for everything they had, and the way they wanted to be acknowledged by people. And Iruka knew that he would do everything in his power to help Naruto achieve his dream of becoming Hokage.

   Kurama had a similar mindset, and for that reason he was doing his best to train Naruto to the best of his limited ability. But it seemed to be working out thus far. As Naruto's chakra control had been gradually getting better. As a combination of his hard work, and his body growing to accommodate the extreme surplus of chakra he had. He had moved on from the tree walking exercise, and had started on water walking, but was having very little success at it.

   Naruto had also become more proficient in taijutsu as well. As he got older and more adept at the training that Kurama had suggested that he do, Naruto had become more defined. As he had started to lose his baby fat, and was slowly starting to gain some muscle tone. He had mastered the basic academy style of taijutsu, and had moved onto trying to master his own signature fox style. Which consisted of a lot of rapid and powerful strikes. As well of a lot of fakes and misdirections. It also relied heavily on what some would say was "dirty fighting". Like going for the eyes and face, and hitting below the belt. Or throwing dirt, or dust into an opponent's eyes. But it was a style made from watching one of the world's most cunning, conniving, and mischevious animals. Of course it was going to rely on fighting dirty. Naruto still spent some time training with "green-chan". Who he learned now was named Might Gai. Who didn't train with Naruto as much, in part due to the fact that Naruto didn't need him anymore, but also due to the fact that he had taken on an apprentice. A young boy from the academy that was a year older than Naruto. At least that was what Gai had said, Kurama didn't beleive him for a second, and was thoroughly convinced that Gai had somehow managed to create a miniature clone of himself. Because despite what Gai said, noone would ever intentionally train, talk, or even dress like that man unless they shared the same DNA as him. And they did look eerily similar. They even had the same bowl cut and eyebrows for Kami's sake!!!

   But we're getting a little off track here, back to Naruto's training. Kurama tried to teach Naruto about genjutsu, but quickly realized that it would be pointless, sense Naruto was terrible at it. He then proceeded to teach Naruto how to break out of genjutsu, and how to detect them. Which also ment that he had to teach Naruto how to sense chakra, which was made easier by Naruto having Kurama inside of him. This made most of Naruto's senses higher than average. Which allowed Naruto to be able to sense any and all chakra in the direct vicinity of himself, and also a good kilometer away if he focused in a particular direction. He also told Naruto that if he couldn't break the genjutsu himself, then he shouldn't panic, because he would just break it himself.

   Along with training on genjutsu, Kurama also started training Naruto on Ninjutsu. He taught Naruto the three basic ninjutsu first. Naruto easily caught on to the henge and the substitution jutsus. But he had a hard time grasping the clone technique, even with all of his training with chakra control he still wasn't able to create more than two clones. Iruka found this to be, as the Naras would say, troublesome. Because if Naruto couldn't make at least three solid functional clones, he wouldn't be able to pass the final exam. Iruka knew what the problem was, Naruto simply had way too much chakra. It didn't matter how many chakra control excersices he did, or how good his control was, he would never be able to make the technique work properly. The fact he was able to make two was impressive in itself. He also knew there was nothing he could do to help out his favorite student, but he knew someone that might. He would have to go and have a word with the Hokage soon. And he did, and it was a success.

   The wise elder ninja, knew exactly what could be done about Naruto's problem. But it would have to wait until his eleventh birthday. Which came and went pretty quickly. As it was a pretty normal event. With everyone Naruto had come to befriend over the years coming to wish him a joyous day. Iruka, Gai and his "clone" showed up. Even Hiruzen the Hokage, and Naruto's grandfather figure, showed up. Along with an Anbu with wild gravity defying silver hair, and a dog mask, who was the Hokage's guard for the outing. What was special about the day was the present that the Third Hokage would give to Naruto. It was a special technique that they all felt would be perfect for him. It was the Shadow Clone Jutsu. A very dangerous and powerful jutsu, that would solve Naruto's biggest problem. But in exchange for the jutsu Naruto had to promise to only use it, while under direct supervision of either: Gai, Iruka, or Hiruzen, until he had mastered the jutsu enough to where he wouldn't accidentally kill or seriously injure himself. As Hiruzen explained the benefits, including the memory link he would have with his clones, but also the dangers of it, such as chakra exhaustion, or an overload of information, Naruto quickly got to work on training with the technique. And to everyone's surprise, except for Kurama, he had it mastered within a week. And just in time for the final 6 months of the academy.