The Sound of Silence

Sasuke saw everything. Even though his eyes and his vision was focused on the near lifeless girl he was currently cradling on his arms, he still saw everything. He saw Naruto appear suddenly out of seemingly nowhere, shrouded in his typical golden cloak, and proceed to make easy work of the three sound ninja that he had struggled with. He saw as the female sound nin had tried and failed to ensnare Naruto with her ninja wire and sound based genjutsu. Only for them to have no effect on Naruto. He easily dealt with the cocky and loud mouthed one, in seemingly one blow, after he seemed to brush off one of his powerful soundwave blasts. All that was left was the leader of the sound trio, who made probably the quickest and easiest decision of his entire life, he surrendered. He laid his teams scroll on the ground and gathered up his severely beaten teammates and lept away from the scene as fast as he could. Sasuke saw all of this in very vivid detail, and he didn't know how. How was he able to see everything around him at the same time, it didn't make sense.

   All of his thoughts were put on hold as he heard the one thing he would have probably died for a chance to hear again. In a faint almost silent whisper, Sasuke heard Sakura call out his name. "Sakura!" Sasuke yelled out loud as he laid the injured but obviously still alive girl down on the ground, and proceeded to administer CPR to her.

   This was the sight that greeted Naruto as he returned after picking up the earth scroll that the sound trio had left and also making sure that they had indeed retreated. He immediately ran over and started asking Sasuke what had happened, after getting told the basics of what happened, Naruto made a decision that might hinder them later, but was desperately needed at this moment.

   Gently moving Sasuke out of the way, Naruto stood over Sakura and once again activated his golden cloak. (Which the author is now going to call his gold mode.) He started transferring what was left of Kurama's chakra into Sakura, which started to heal her. As the wounds in her back from the kunai, shuriken, and senbon started to close at a fast rate and the color started to return to her face. After a few minutes of this Sakura looked as if she had never been in a fight today. After this was done Naruto's golden cloak flickered out of existence as it had run out of chakra to sustain it. As if that was the unspoken cue Sakura picked that moment to wake up, and upon seeing both of her teammates in relatively okay condition, proceeded to glomp both of them.

   After the somewhat happy reunion between Team 7 was finished. Sasuke asked Naruto what happened to the mark on his neck. Naruto then explained to him and Sakura what Kurama had told him. That the mark was called a curse mark, and that it was created by Orochimaru. It was created using a combination of some sage energy and his own consciousness. Which would feed off of the afflicted ones negative thoughts and emotions til it got big enough that Orochimaru himself could take over their mind and force them to do his bidding, in a form of mind control. Kurama though was not going to have any of that, he simply didn't like roommates. They were messy, didn't clean up after themselves, and were always helping themselves to your stuff. Truly evil people actually. So Kurama was just going to kill of all of the dark energy that had appeared in Naruto's mindscape. But before he could, the dark energy morphed into Orochimaru.

   Orochimaru had a simple plan defeat the nine tailed fox and take over the Jinchuriki's mind. Thus giving him all the power he would need to crush the leaf village. Now Orochimaru new he wasn't on the same level as the nine tails, but he figured out a way to even the playing field, Sage Jutsu. He couldn't use sage jutsu himself as his body was too weak from all the body switching he had done. He never had the time to train a body to a high enough level to  be able to withstand the high amounts of training and power that sage mode would require. But in this mindscape he wouldn't need to worry about that. In here he could access the full use of sage mode without any of the fallbacks. Inside of the Jinchuriki's mindscape, he could unleash the full power of the Dragon Sage. With his wealth of knowledge and experience, coupled with sage power, he would be able to defeat the Kyuubi with ease. Or so he thought.