Timeskip and Recap

It has been three years now, since Naruto and Kurama have become friends. And in that time the two of them have gotten to know each other a whole lot better. Naruto had learned  a lot about Kurama that almost nobody had ever learned before, mostly because he was the only one that wanted to know about Kurama. Like the fact that he wasn't just a lazy, arrogant, and sarcastic fox, (which he was and still is). But their was more to him than that. He was wise and intelligent. (Being around for thousands of years normally does that to a guy.) He was also, to Naruto's great surprise and disbelief, a very mischievous creature. Who at times even helped Naruto create some of his best, most chaotic, and well thought out pranks. Truly a great friendship indeed, at least according to Naruto, the victims of their pranks would say otherwise if they knew.

   Kurama on the other hand was in a very different situation. As he'd thought he'd known Naruto pretty well, but man was he wrong. Of course there's only so much that you can learn about someone from just casually watching from a distance, or in his case a prison. He knew that Naruto craved attention and acknowledgement. But he didnt realise until he actually met the young boy, just how starved he was for it. It seemed like everytime he spoke Naruto would stop what he was doing and intently listen. Desperately trying to soak up as much positive attention as he could. Kurama also noticed how intelligent and clever Naruto really was. Considering who the boy's father was, he shouldn't have been too surprised. But he didn't think the little kit, as he had grown to call him, would be as smart as he was. The ingenious planning and theory he put into his pranks was outstanding. He was way smarter than his peers gave him credit for.

   And speaking of peers, Naruto had started at the ninja academy a few short years ago. And to Kurama's dismay, he found out that the majority of the instructors at the academy hated Naruto with a burning passion Well not Naruto per say, but actually him, but they would take it out on Naruto. They would refuse to give him help when he asked for it, they would get onto him for even the smallest and simplest things. And they would make his schoolwork and tests at least twice as hard as all the other students. But through all of the hardships he has faced thus far Naruto still persevered and overcame the obstacles. As his middle of the class rating was proof of that, much to his instructors' bewilderment, and outrage. Kurama was a big part of that as well. Since the instructors absolutely refused to teach Naruto, he decided he would do his best to help out his little kit. Using all of his years of knowledge, wisdom, and experience, he was able to help Naruto get by in class. He wasn't perfect and didn't know everything. (Being locked up in different prisons for the better part of a century really puts a damper on your learning ability.) But he knew more than most of the instructors at the academy put together, and that was enough.

   Kurama didn't babysit Naruto through his studies though, cause as Kurama had learned, Naruto was smart. And could easily get through most of his classwork and studies on his own. Once he was taught what to do, and how to do it. Schoolwork wasn't the only thing that Kurma helped Naruto with though. He wanted Naruto to get a headstart on his Shinobi training. And the first step of that was working on his nonexistent chakra control. So he had Naruto meditate every day, and do the leaf exercise twice a day. Until he could successfully, perform the tree walking technique. Which he was close to completing at this point. But he also had Naruto start on his strength and conditioning training. By having him do various physical activities, whether they be push ups, sit ups, crunches, or the occasional lap or two around the village. Which Naruto enjoyed because he would often be accompanied by a weird man in green spandex, who kept shouting about youth. Yeah, definately weird, but he was good company and seemed to know a lot about being a ninja.

   About a year into him going to the academy, Kurama started drilling Naruto about Taijutsu. What it was, how it came about, and the varying different styles that could be used. And had Naruto memorize and practice a few basic Katas that he could practice with, before getting to the more advanced stuff. Which he suggested that Naruto ask his running partner, who he had deemed as green-chan, to help him with. Green-chan obviously lept at the chance of helping someone who showcased such red hot burning flames of youth, with their taijutsu training. Which he started off by giving Naruto some leg weights, to wear to help with his speed, power, and agility. And once he thought Naruto's physical strength was up to par. He helped the youthful lad pick out and learn a fighting style that would work well with him. Naruto quickly settled on a unique and ironic style, that Green-chan had said was named the "fox style."

   All in all Naruto's first three years in the academy was spent on his schoolwork, his chakra control, and his taijustsu, and physical training. As well as him and Kurama getting to know each other better, and bonding as friends.