The First Mission

Team 7 was casually and methodically walking toward the Hokage tower. Their reason, the oddly calm and well-behaved cat in Sasuke's arms. This normally wouldn't have been too off putting, except for the fact that the cat in question was the notorious "demon cat" Tora. Why was it so calm you ask, well its simple really. Sasuke had gotten sick and tired of the damn cat using him as a scratching post, so he cast a genjutsu on it. A bit cruel maybe, but whatever completed the mission right. Beside him to his left stood Sakura, who had taken advantage of the unusually calm cat, and had started petting it, beleiving that was the reason it was so calm. To Sasuke's right was of course Naruto, who wouldn't stop babbling about the new flavor of ramen that he was going to ingest, once this mission was over. And behind them was their ever vigilant sensei Kakashi, who was currently trying to ignore the ruckus that his team was making, while reading more of his precious Icha Icha.

After a few more minutes of walking Team 7 had finally arrived at their destination. After checking in with receptionist, for once, they quickly headed up the stairs to Hiruzen's office. When they walked into the office they were met with an unusual sight. As they weren't the only ones in the office with the Hokage.

Also inside the office with the Hokage were the Daimyos wife, who Team 7 had seen a few times by this point. But also in the office stood an older man. He wore a sleeveless v-neck shirt with an obi. Along with some work pants and sandals. He also had a gray beard and matching hair, along with a pair of glasses on his face. But the most unique feature about him, was that he absolutely reeked of alcohol.

Upon seeing the Daimyo's wife, Sasuke immediately walked up to her and handed her the cat, as he was fed up with holding it. But as soon as he did the genjutsu wore off, and then Tora decided to go crazy again. As it wriggled and hissed and clawed at the older lady til she had no choice but to release it. Which after being let go, Tora bolted straight out the open window. Which caused the whole of Team 7 to look at the dumbfounded woman with murderous intent, even Kakashi, who hated that mission as much as his Genin. Sensing the growing tension and aggression in the room, the wife of the Daimyo quickly excused herself. As she hurriedly made her way out of the office to go find the secretary and ask for another Tora retrieval mission.

After the departure of the reason for his increasingly growing headache. Hiruzen let out a long tired sigh, as he took a long drag from his pipe. "That cat is getting so good at escaping and avoiding being captured, I might have to increase it's mission difficulty from a simple D, to a C or maybe a B rank." Said the old Hokage tiredly. "That might be a great solution Hokage-sama. That cat used to give me and my team problems back in the day." Kakashi responded as he not so fondly remembered his few encounters with the demon cat.

"Yes that cat has been a nuisance for many years, C-rank it is." The hokage responded as he wrote something down on a form on his desk. "Oh yes, speaking of missions, I have a new mission for you three." Hiruzen continued as he reached into his desk and pulled out a mission scroll. "Its not another D-rank is it?" Naruto asked horrified. "No, not another one." Sakura exclaimed as she fell to her knees in despair. "Oh, the horror" Sasuke continued as he looked like he might have a mental breakdown. Much to the amusement of the three adults in the room. "Relax, it's a C-rank." The Hokage stated with amusement clear in his voice. And just like a switch being flipped on, the three Genin, were back to standing together and looking serious. Completely forgetting, or perhaps ignoring the fact that they were just acting like a bunch of idiots in front of the two arguably most powerful shinobi in the village.

"So what's the mission Jiji?" Naruto asked in his usual manner. Which resulted in Sakura smacking him for his lack of respect. "Its a simple escort and protection mission." Hiruzen continued as Naruto was now cowering on the floor in front of Sakura. Making said two ninja, perk up and pay attention. "Your mission is to escort Tazuna-San here." He paused as he indicated the drunk man in the room. "Back to his village in the land of waves and protect him as he builds a bridge." He continued as he tossed the scroll with the mission details and specifics to Kakashi. Kakshi quickly skimmed over the contents before tucking the scroll away in his weapon pouch. "Alright team, meet at the village gates in two hours. And make sure you guys pack enough supplies for at least two weeks." The team leader said as he teleported away with a shunshin. "We've got to learn that one day." Sasuke said out loud, as he took off running toward his house. Naruto and Sakura nodding their agreement as they took off as well.